Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Not a big deal. It happens occasionally. I tried calling the Plat line the other day & got generic. While I was on phone w/ generic I used another phone to call Plat line & got through immediately. Hung up on generic & talked to Plat line.

Maybe the lines are being tied up w/ a gazillion FTers asking what's going to happen on Monday

Cheers.
getagb likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Maybe the lines are being tied up w/ a gazillion FTers asking what's going to happen on Monday
More likely people calling who can't get anything done on their dysfunctional web site. I have done that a few times recently, and I too got their dysfunctional voice automated system which in her cheery voice told me that I could do everything on their dysfunctional web site. The blind leading the %&U#$ blind. But, we're going to find out Monday how great all the new enhancements to the program will be.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
No More Platinum Line

Hope this is a 1-off but called the platinum line in regard to a reservation today. (Yes, I know it can be done online). There no longer appears to be a devoted platinum line. All calls are directed to one central reservation system. Part of the SPG merger??
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I just called the number listed on the back of my lifetime platinum card and it specifically greeted me as it being "Marriott's exclusive Platinum Elite reservations line".

Now, as far as the agents themselves and any consolidation on the people actually handling calls, that I don't know (I don't have any future stays to book right now or existing reservations to change...)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I called the Platinum line the other day & got the Platinum line.

Cheers.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Can anyone get through by calling?

have called every number listed on the site - rewards, customer service (an 801 number which gives me a recording that the number is not in service), platinum even in desperation tried group sales - which lead to a lot of automatic questions and then a cut off "you have reached marriott international group sales .... we are currently closed...."
All the numbers make me go through an annoying announcement list then after I am supposed to be connected to whatever all I hear is static and sounds like crossed lines - even after leaving the line open for 10 minutes - nothing.
I'm in the US and all my other calls seem fine - so don't think it's my phone (and couldn't be anyway cause I get to go through their long announcement menu)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:22 pm

Same issue. Cut off after 1st call. No answer 2nd call and gave up.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:37 am

What happened to platinum reservations line?

I'm calling the same line as ever, ending in 4229, and getting sent to the regular reservations line that is making me talk to the machine. Is the platinum line gone?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:54 am

Can anyone get through by calling?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I gave up too!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:12 pm
alc

I called them twice this morning and both time pickup within 10 min by the Elite Line (as per the agents stated as when answer the call) I did open early and I was surprised as when I called last week, I was prompt 30 min wait and after 45 min still no one pickup the phone, so I hung up.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Why Does Marriott Suck So Hard for Platinum CS?

I'm guessing this has something to do with the SPG integration but I transferred 50K SPG to Marriott and previously, the transfer was instant. Now, after an hour, I still don't have access to the points so I decided to call the Platinum Reservation line.

On hold for 15 minutes before a guy named Victor answers and promptly drops my call ... great way to treat your Platinum members.

Fix your IT ... or if you can't, fix your wait times for Platinum members.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The transfer should still be instant. Haven’t had any recent problems. Were they deducted from your SPG account?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by getagb
The transfer should still be instant. Haven’t had any recent problems. Were they deducted from your SPG account?
Oh ... they're real solid on the instant deduction from my SPG ... just nothing in my Marriott
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
According to the agent with whom I spoke a couple of days ago, the whole communications system is in a transition at the moment (many extensions are changing), so for now, the platinum line routes to a regular reservations line. She said it was temporary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.