Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, I'd called last week for a Plat SDC and was connected immediately; whole thing was over in 3 mins.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
bumping this with my most recent data point trying to get some missing points credited (it's been going on for months and emails generate an auto-reply with no discernible follow-up). calling the 'plat' line, on hold so far for 15 minutes.

edited to add: took 21 to get a human.
CO-PLAT likes this.

Last edited by karenkay; Jul 30, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:59 pm

Extreme wait times on MR Platinum line

Has anyone else noticed that the Platinum line for Marriott Rewards is now MUCH more painful that it used to be?

There is now an extra prompt and then a long (5 minutes ++ is not uncommon, IME) hold time.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:46 pm

Has anyone noticed that there are numerous existing threads on this topic?

CO-PLAT and getagb like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:17 am

Tried calling the past two days. Both times I just put my phone on speaker and waited 45 mins and nobody even picked up. I just called at 1am and easily got someone!

What ever happened to them asking for your rewards number so they know you are platinum elite? I used to be asked my number by the computer voice all the time. Now it seems like anyone can just call the platinum line!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Tried calling the past two days. Both times I just put my phone on speaker and waited 45 mins and nobody even picked up. I just called at 1am and easily got someone!

What ever happened to them asking for your rewards number so they know you are platinum elite? I used to be asked my number by the computer voice all the time. Now it seems like anyone can just call the platinum line!
Not surprised this is happening during the transition period. I suspect they are getting a lot of speculative calls asking what their status will be in the new program and the such (hotel equivalent of the airlines IROPS). Keep in mind FT is a very, very small percentage of the members and MANY of us "seasoned travellers" don't have a clue what's gonna happen, imagine the numbers for non-FT members. It's not time to jump just because the phone service is suffering (it was not designed for this load), that will all change within a month or two.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Not surprised this is happening during the transition period. I suspect they are getting a lot of speculative calls asking what their status will be in the new program and the such (hotel equivalent of the airlines IROPS). Keep in mind FT is a very, very small percentage of the members and MANY of us "seasoned travellers" don't have a clue what's gonna happen, imagine the numbers for non-FT members. It's not time to jump just because the phone service is suffering (it was not designed for this load), that will all change within a month or two.
Just playing devils advocate. Or it will get worse when nights/money aren't added together. People call in saying this hotel is not following the new guidelines ect.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
40 Minutes on hold last week
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Marriott15

I believe they have some form of caller ID as they always know who I am.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Ive given up on hold they the plat line after 47, 32 and 51 min respectively this weekend. UNSAT.

Trying to mod mod an awards stay that I can’t do with only mobile device access.

seriously, UNSAT

Last edited by cmculp; Aug 5, 2018 at 6:44 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
I think Plat line is back. Just called to book a weddling block room, initial auto answer stated it was the Plat line. Didn't have my phone number saved from before, but once I put in my MR # was connected immediately to an American.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Just called the plat line to order travel package, 18 minutes wait after typing in MR#.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG LTP (Nobody), MarriotLTPE (Nobody), HH Gold (My new go to)
It is now September and no better. Just got put on permahold by the rudest Marriot CS agent I have ever talked to. What a long way down from the exceptional SPG Ontario call centers. Finally gave up on the Marriot side and tried the SPG Platinum number......12:57 minutes ago. What a shitshow.

Last edited by AZTraveler; Sep 1, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG LTP (Nobody), MarriotLTPE (Nobody), HH Gold (My new go to)
Able Charlie Foxtrot

Last edited by AZTraveler; Sep 1, 2018 at 1:01 pm
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:11 pm

Question SNAFU

Unbelievably, I was disconnected on the SPG side. Called back on the Marriot line....on hold. Nobody cares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.