Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I called into the platinum premier telephone number this morning, immediately hit "zero" and was connected within 30 seconds to an "elite services agent" who was clearly American and wished me a happy Independence Day.
Let me guess - you're Canadian?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Let me guess - you're Canadian?
No. USA.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
No wait time!

I was shocked yesterday when I called to order a travel package and had no wait time!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by s0479
I was shocked yesterday when I called to order a travel package and had no wait time!
What number did you use? Some of the Marriott (published and unpublished) phone numbers seem to go into a black hole.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What number did you use? Some of the Marriott (published and unpublished) phone numbers seem to go into a black hole.
platinum customer service line
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by s0479

platinum customer service line
Did it actually say it was for "Platinum Reservations" or whatever, or just happened to get through quickly?

So assuming some sort of Platinum line does come back, I guess one thing to keep in mind is that there will be more people using it since now pretty much everyone that was MR Gold will now be Platinum. Unless they continue with a PP line as well (was never PP, I think there was a PP line previously).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by GoPhils
Did it actually say it was for "Platinum Reservations" or whatever, or just happened to get through quickly?

So assuming some sort of Platinum line does come back, I guess one thing to keep in mind is that there will be more people using it since now pretty much everyone that was MR Gold will now be Platinum. Unless they continue with a PP line as well (was never PP, I think there was a PP line previously).
it was actually the number on back of the platinum premier card - when they still gave out cards. It didn’t mention anything about being a platinum line. And I had to give her my Marriott number. When I told her I was shocked that it answered right away (I was on hold once for over two hours) she laughed and said she heard that a lot that day.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I was able to get through immediately after a flurry of 0-mashing. But it seems I may have gotten through instead of a Mr. Gertrude. Sorry, Mr. Gertrude.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I called into the platinum premier telephone line tonight, pressed 0 and waited 13 minutes for an agent from the "platinum desk"
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I use the platinum premier telephone number, but the agents have been saying "elite desk" or "platinum desk" whereas I used to get "platinum premier desk."
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
I was able to get through immediately after a flurry of 0-mashing. But it seems I may have gotten through instead of a Mr. Gertrude. Sorry, Mr. Gertrude.
i purposely created an account to comment. I did the same and was disconnected 3 times.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:03 pm

Platinum Phone Line Problems

If this has been posted already please send it to the correct thread. I have called the Platinum Marriott 5 times in the past 1.5 months. I have been on hold for over 10 minutes each time. Before it would put in my rewards number and be switched almost instantly.

I write this as I my wait time has just past 10 minutes. What is wrong.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by t5campbell
If this has been posted already please send it to the correct thread. I have called the Platinum Marriott 5 times in the past 1.5 months. I have been on hold for over 10 minutes each time. Before it would put in my rewards number and be switched almost instantly.

I write this as I my wait time has just past 10 minutes. What is wrong.
They are inundated with calls from Members that want to get their last TP, or two, or three before the August devaluation.

Expect to wait much longer...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I called the Plat line today I notice the annoying robot lady no longer insisted to spill out the cheerful program change information to waste your time. Instead after just the short mentioning about you should visit the websites to find out more details, the robot then started asking what you need to do on this call - a much improvement despite it still took like 15 min before a human picked up the call. So it does not seem the elite number makes any difference any more.

However, the menu did not ask me to input my Marriott number... Though once the human rep came on and I gave him my membership number he immediately saw the status and thanked me for the loyalty....

What is new to me is, I got a rep at a call center in Mexico City. Thankfully he knows the Travel Package though, even informed me I was only eligible for 7 nights cert, and that Aeroplan would take 7 to 10 business days to see the miles. So he is well-trained if Mexico City call center is new (at least for me - my last several calls were all US-based, including those made these past Sunday.)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

I was on hold 15 minutes this morning. Pressing '0' at the prompt no longer seems to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.