Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Old May 30, 18, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood LPP+A, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Premier Silver
Calls today:

1st call: disconnected after 20 minutes
2nd call: disconnected after 10 minutes
3rd call: disconnected after 15 minutes
4th call: I lied and said I wanted to talk about points (even though I wanted to talk about reservations) and got through to the platinum desk who helped me with a reservation. They told me it was a 3-day cancellation so I made a series of reservations, only to find, after the call, that one of them for the same property as the others was a 30-day cancellation (which would have already passed two days ago), so I had to call back again . . .
5th call: disconnected after 8 minutes
6th call: disconnected after 15 minutes
7th call: I lied again and said I wanted to talk about points (even though I wanted to talk to reservations) and got through to a platinum desk who told me that the last day to cancel on that reservation was today. She read me what was on her screen and I read her what was on my screen - for the exact same reservation, we had two different cancellation policies which varied by two days. She told me that the system has been haywire since the beginning of the merger.
Old May 31, 18, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Another Data Point

Called yesterday about 2:00P EDT

Called the regular line [non elite line as it was all that I had]

wait time 20 minutes
Old May 31, 18, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I sent this email to Arne Sorenson this morning. Felt good to write it. Let's see if anyone responds.

Good morning Sir: I found your email through a web search to share some significant frustrations that I have experienced the last several weeks interacting with Marriott.

I have been a loyal Marriott customer-13 years Plat-exceeding the number of nights needed consistently. Work and pleasure travel. This requires the need to communicate with Marriott through the website and phone regularly. This has become nearly impossible.

1) The Plat line seems to have disappeared. Although the number works, I am no longer quickly connected to a competent agent that has my account info ready and wants to help. Now, I am stuck in a world of voice prompts and indefinite holds. Last four calls had holds of 20 mins+. I gave up on two of the calls. I am not alone. Look at the business travel message boards. This is a big problem.

2) The Marriott.com website is functioning terribly. Constantly crashing. Timing out. Missing information. Logging me out in the middle of processing reservations. Frankly, I have not seen a company the size of Marriott have website problems like this for so long-several months now.

I work in corporate sales. Most things in this world are commodities-or near commodities. What sets a company apart is service and quality and how easy a company is to do business with. I can tell you that Marriott has lost all ground there.

I have issues to deal with Marriott and I am dreading the calls. In fact, I ended up making three business reservations elsewhere yesterday after the website failed me for more than an hour. I just didn't have any more time to dedicate.

Marriott is making it VERY hard for me to give you my money. Think about that-and multiply it a thousand times. Ten thousand times.

Thank you for listening.
Old May 31, 18, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood LPP+A, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Premier Silver
How to reach accessibility desk anymore?

(For those unfamiliar with the accessibility desk, it is a distinct department dedicated solely to guaranteeing an accessible room for those in need. Once the guest books the room online/phone, the guest calls this desk and the agent calls the hotel to ensure that an ADA room is really available.)

It used to be that I would call the platinum number and ask for the accessibility desk and I was connected. Easy.

With the new automated system, "accessibility" or "handicapped" or "ADA" or "disabilities" does not work with the voice prompts. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to say when I am prompted to tell the machine what I want, but it never understands what I want. So, I get dumped into the large bucket of calls waiting to talk to reservations, which means a 45+ min hold usually, only for reservations (not platinum reservations, mind you) to always either say they have never heard of an accessibility desk or to have to transfer me again. If the machine understood that I wanted to speak to the accessibility desk, it would prevent the 45+ min. wait in order to go through the middle man of reservations.
Old May 31, 18, 11:29 am

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
I sent this email to Arne Sorenson this morning. F....
Agree 100%, but it's way too wordy. Try:

I've been a Platinum member for years, booking hundreds of nights at your hotels. Lately your website has been failing repeatedly. Calling in is no better, with 30-minute+ hold times. If this continues, you will lose all of my business.
Old May 31, 18, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
Agree 100%, but it's way too wordy. Try:

I've been a Platinum member for years, booking hundreds of nights at your hotels. Lately your website has been failing repeatedly. Calling in is no better, with 30-minute+ hold times. If this continues, you will lose all of my business.
Got a call back from his office already. The woman was very helpful and has agreed to be a contact for future issues.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 31, 18, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
I’m happy to hear this for you—and a little jealous. I’m wondering about the rest of us garden variety platinums who are waiting on hold for 20/40/+++ minutes befor getting our calls answered...or hung up on. it is, as mentioned upthread, ridiculous. I’m simply posting a ‘me too’ to add another disgruntled voice to the discussion.
Old May 31, 18, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay View Post
I’m happy to hear this for you—and a little jealous. I’m wondering about the rest of us garden variety platinums who are waiting on hold for 20/40/+++ minutes befor getting our calls answered...or hung up on. it is, as mentioned upthread, ridiculous. I’m simply posting a ‘me too’ to add another disgruntled voice to the discussion.

[email protected] Send an email. The more people they hear from, the better.
Old Jun 1, 18, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I sent an email, too.
Old Jun 1, 18, 8:22 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Miles and More
CEO Arne Sorenson touted this in the chain’s earnings call earlier this year, noting that “loyalty rates have been reduced [to hotels] already twice and they will be reduced a third time” and several changes are helping the chain drive down those costs.
I guess that getting rid of all their most loyal customers is part of the strategy. I gave up after 30 minutes on hold, after numerous unreturned emails. Their goal seems to be to abuse and ignore their platinum and gold members to the point where they choose other options. I guess I will do all I can to help them meet that goal.
Old Jun 1, 18, 5:22 pm

Confirmed Dedicated Lines Deactivated

Called in to 4229 for a third time since May 18 regarding issues with my upgraded Platnium Premier cc not being linked to my Marriott rewards despite having the same cc numbers.

That aside, loyalty department rep on June 1 confirmed 4229 is still the platinum line but is being purposefully taken offline and routed through the general line. Acknowledged they are actively working on the call centers and hope to have a dedicated line back up soon, no later than August. My wait time was 30 minutes before talking to a human. Had the non passable language and merger messages.

Also worth noting I tried to reference promised notes on my account from one of my earlier calls and was told there were no visible notes. Pushed back twice, provided dates, complained about time spent on this issue, and miraculously the rep pulled the notes from an “old system”. Was different reps are trained differently and still use different systems. Assume this is merger based issue but not sure.
Old Jun 1, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
Site was down and couldn't book online. Spent 20 minutes waiting for an agent near midnight.
Old Jun 2, 18, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Payta View Post
Called in to 4229 for a third time since May 18 regarding issues with my upgraded Platnium Premier cc not being linked to my Marriott rewards despite having the same cc numbers.

That aside, loyalty department rep on June 1 confirmed 4229 is still the platinum line but is being purposefully taken offline and routed through the general line. Acknowledged they are actively working on the call centers and hope to have a dedicated line back up soon, no later than August. My wait time was 30 minutes before talking to a human. Had the non passable language and merger messages.

Also worth noting I tried to reference promised notes on my account from one of my earlier calls and was told there were no visible notes. Pushed back twice, provided dates, complained about time spent on this issue, and miraculously the rep pulled the notes from an “old system”. Was different reps are trained differently and still use different systems. Assume this is merger based issue but not sure.
AUGUST? Isn't it a published elite benefit to have access to special phone lines or at least priority in the queue?
Old Jun 2, 18, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
Spent 20 minutes waiting for an agent near midnight.
Either they have like one person working or there's more people calling at midnight than you would think.
Old Jun 2, 18, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by TennisNoob View Post
Site was down and couldn't book online. Spent 20 minutes waiting for an agent near midnight.
In what time zone? Probably lunch time where your call was directed. I agree the delays are horrible but don't think everyone is working on your schedule.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: