Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Platinum --> Fastest way to accrue 28k points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum

Hey everybody!

I have been cruising in to Lifetime Platinum for some time now. I have always had the nights, I'm at 842 right now. My problem has been the 2,000,000 points. I was about 200k short when the merger announcement was made, and not knowing what would happen I made a major push to get status. I immediately got the Marriott Visa which was an easy 75k, and used it exclusively for bills, etc, Today I am still 28,386 points away from Lifetime Platinum, and I recently was promoted to a position in which I will only travel once or twice a year.

Do any of you have suggestions for a quick 28k that does NOT involve stays? I did see I can get 20K for referring someone else to get the VISA card. I may be able to swing that, but it will be hit/miss. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Old May 11, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Apply for the Marriott Business card
Old May 11, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Oh! You can have both? I assumed you couldn't.

Well, that's a "no brainer".

Thanks!

Last edited by Pointfreak!; May 11, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Old May 11, 2018, 2:28 pm

If you haven't already bought any points this year, you can always buy the EXPENSIVE Marriott points up to 50k a year. I think it's 28k for 350 dollars. That way you don't need to open up a credit card. Buying SPG points don't work. It has to be Marriott Points.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Getting another Marriott credit card is the cheapest way to get more points. You can also buy up to 50k points a year, and it will count towards lifetime status. They sell points in 1000 increments at $12.50 per 1000 points. That is 1.25 cents per point.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:34 pm

Buy $30K of stuff on your Marriott credit card
You can always buy refundable airline tickets and cash them in as your monthly bill is due
Essentially you are just prepaying $30K of future credit card expenses
Old May 11, 2018, 3:20 pm

Oh, I just remembered, if you transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards, it counts towards your lifetime platinum also. Should be WAY easier to have those points lying around for transfer. Transferring from SPG doesn't work.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Buy $30K of stuff on your Marriott credit card
You can always buy refundable airline tickets and cash them in as your monthly bill is due
Essentially you are just prepaying $30K of future credit card expenses
I wouldn't do that. First of all, it's considered fraud by (most) airlines. Secondly, the points could be clawed back when you return the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.