Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Who gets EQN on stay booked for others with e-cert?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 1:13 pm
yrs
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP

Sincere apologies if this has been answered before. I did search extensively, but could not find the answer to my question.

My question is as follows:
If I use my MR credit card anniversary certificates to make reservations for someone else, who gets the elite night credit for the stay?
Would it be me since I am the holder of the certificate?
Or, would it be the person who actually stays in the room?

The reason for asking is that I will be LTP in the new program after August 1, and have no need for acquiring any more elite nights. Could I use the anniversary certificates from my credit cards to help someone else get the nights credits? Would appreciate some guidance on this.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by yrs
Sincere apologies if this has been answered before. I did search extensively, but could not find the answer to my question.

My question is as follows:
If I use my MR credit card anniversary certificates to make reservations for someone else, who gets the elite night credit for the stay?
Would it be me since I am the holder of the certificate?
Or, would it be the person who actually stays in the room?

The reason for asking is that I will be LTP in the new program after August 1, and have no need for acquiring any more elite nights. Could I use the anniversary certificates from my credit cards to help someone else get the nights credits? Would appreciate some guidance on this.
You're not allowed to book for someone else using a cert. You can book for others using points but not a cert.
getagb likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:21 pm
yrs
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I was not aware of that. Thank you for such a quick response, jdang.
getagb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.