Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Its still not ready yet . . . .

https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...rds/comingsoon
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:37 pm

Thanks for the link. I think they won't roll this out until the system is stabilized.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I just merged my account, giving me combined 73 nights for the year ... [then] by early next week, I'll be at 75 nights. ... As I understand it, I am eligible for the 5 SNA now for hitting 50 nights. And another 5 SNA when I hit 75 nights next week.
Originally Posted by frenchft
You didn't have 50 nights before merger and more than 50 after merger, so I would say you will only receive 5 SNA.
Originally Posted by rny321
Plat 50 gets the first choice which could be 5 suite nights. Plat Prem 75 gets a second annual choice which could be an additional 5 SNAs.
On a related note, had 23/24 nights and combined to get 47. By this time next week I'll have 50- so by then I'll be eligible for 5 SNAs, right? (I only ask 'cause I've seen somewhat-conflicting answers on this, including the thread above).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: all
Link does not work. Asks for a password then does not work
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I was Platinum prior to 18th August and show the same in MR.

shouldn't new platinum premier show automatically rather than when combining.?

The one thing combine should bring me is Lifetime Platinum Status
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by bhrubin

i think you’re in error. The 15 credit card elite nights should count towards the 50/75 nights.
I'm basing my "no" on my SO's account. She has 84 nights YTD, made up as follows:

36 Paid Stays
2 Award Stays
1 Cat 1-5 CC Stay
15 Bonus Points for CC
15 Nights for $3K Spend (15 times).
15 Carryover nights from 2017

Total nights credited toward ambassador = 39
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by navatwal
I was Platinum prior to 18th August and show the same in MR.

shouldn't new platinum premier show automatically rather than when combining.?

The one thing combine should bring me is Lifetime Platinum Status
Still a work in progress... Keep notes/screenshots and keep checking. My account is moving up from being told even with 740 LTNights I had nights to go to make LTSilver, now showing as LTP but PP with 0 nights this year, oooops.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am currently at 69 nights, if I understood correctly I will not get Suite Nights for achieving 50 nights but I will get them when I pass 75 nights? Sounds idiotic, if correct.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by txpenny
I'm basing my "no" on my SO's account. She has 84 nights YTD, made up as follows:

36 Paid Stays
2 Award Stays
1 Cat 1-5 CC Stay
15 Bonus Points for CC
15 Nights for $3K Spend (15 times).
15 Carryover nights from 2017

Total nights credited toward ambassador = 39
I have 61 nights including credit card ones, showing 39 more needed toward Ambassador, so my mileage seems to have varied as they say.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
So Platinum Premier has taken effect automatically, In regards to SNA at 50 nights, if I merge my SPG & MR aco....s and go above 50 nights will that trigger SNA's?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have 61 nights including credit card ones, showing 39 more needed toward Ambassador, so my mileage seems to have varied as they say.
I just checked again as points, status, etc., seems to be a daily moving target for some. Unfortunately, she's still at 39 (out of 84).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
My wife's account is now showing her at 73 nights and about $16.5K toward Ambassador. 73 is the number of BiB nights that have posted to her account so far this year. So, from her account, it looks like only BiB nights count toward Ambassador, as she has 150 nights credited so far. In one of the myriad threads about SNAs and Ambassador someone suggested that only BiB nights would count for SNAs. She has a link for the 50 night award (which is still stubbed off), but not the 75 night award, so that is consistent with what that poster said. All of the nights that have credited to her account so far this year, by the way, were Marriott stays before the 18th. Nothing has posted since then.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
My wife's account is now showing her at 73 nights and about $16.5K toward Ambassador. 73 is the number of BiB nights that have posted to her account so far this year. So, from her account, it looks like only BiB nights count toward Ambassador, as she has 150 nights credited so far. In one of the myriad threads about SNAs and Ambassador someone suggested that only BiB nights would count for SNAs. She has a link for the 50 night award (which is still stubbed off), but not the 75 night award, so that is consistent with what that poster said. All of the nights that have credited to her account so far this year, by the way, were Marriott stays before the 18th. Nothing has posted since then.
That's not accurate. The credit card 15 elite nights count towards status, too. The 10 elite nights for the first meeting count toward status, too.

The website still is being debugged and the merged accounts still have incomplete/inaccurate data. So be patient. Sounds like she will be pretty close to earning Ambassador status once the fix the kinks.

FWIW, my merged account indicates 187 nights with $38K spending--and still only Plat Premier status. Even though I already was SPG Plat100 Ambassador level and obviously am new Plat Premier with Ambassador level, too. The website and merged accounts still are being debugged/deglitched.
txpenny likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 24, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Where are you guys seeing your spend?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by danola
I am currently at 69 nights, if I understood correctly I will not get Suite Nights for achieving 50 nights but I will get them when I pass 75 nights? Sounds idiotic, if correct.
There's no real reason to believe this aside from a supposed comment from the unreliable Starwood Lurkers months ago. And, like you said, would be idiotic and irrational.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.