Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:30 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
In short you need 50 / 75 REAL nights to be eligible for the milestone gifts?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by xar
In short you need 50 / 75 REAL nights to be eligible for the milestone gifts?
Correct
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Do the 15 nights from the credit card count towards the 50/75 real nights?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Do the 15 nights from the credit card count towards the 50/75 real nights?
No
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:14 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
No
i think you’re in error. The 15 credit card elite nights should count towards the 50/75 nights.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am Marriott Platinum, status still shows as Platinum, not upgraded to Platinum Premier just yet.

I have 27 Marriott Nights tihs year, 15 SPG Nights and due 15 credit card nights from Marriott Business to be credited sometime next week. This will also make me Lifetime Gold in Old program as I hit over 500 nights.

I still havent merged my SPG and Marriott Accounts, I am thinking it will be be better do this once the 15 credit card nights are added to my account.

Once i merge, I will have 57 nights in my account, will this result in SNA's being available in my account? Are all my assumptions correct?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am Marriott Platinum, status still shows as Platinum, not upgraded to Platinum Premier just yet.

I have 27 Marriott Nights tihs year, 15 SPG Nights and due 15 credit card nights from Marriott Business to be credited sometime next week. This will also make me Lifetime Gold in Old program as I hit over 500 nights.

I still havent merged my SPG and Marriott Accounts, I am thinking it will be be better do this once the 15 credit card nights are added to my account.

Once i merge, I will have 57 nights in my account, will this result in SNA's being available in my account? Are all my assumptions correct?
If it was me, I would combine my accounts BEFORE the CC nights post (and they may be delayed until the system is more stable) so you will cross the 10 nights when they do. Although many don't like it, obviously, it's been said that if combining accounts puts you over the 50/75 nights, no SNAs. If I'm wrong, you lose nothing, if I'm right, only SNAs at 75 nights. Your choice.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin

i think you’re in error. The 15 credit card elite nights should count towards the 50/75 nights.
The poster may have been confusing this with LT nights. CC did not count for SPG LT nights (but they did for MR)
MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just merged my account, giving me combined 73 nights for the year (41 SPG and 32 MR). I have 2 nights coming up next week. So by early next week, I'll be at 75 nights.

As I understand it, I am eligible for the 5 SNA now for hitting 50 nights.. And another 5 SNA when I hit 75 nights next week. But the website to pick the choice is not operational yet. If the site becomes operational by the time I'm past 75 nights, will I be able to choose the benefit I was owed at 50 and another one for 75?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I just merged my account, giving me combined 73 nights for the year (41 SPG and 32 MR). I have 2 nights coming up next week. So by early next week, I'll be at 75 nights.

As I understand it, I am eligible for the 5 SNA now for hitting 50 nights.. And another 5 SNA when I hit 75 nights next week. But the website to pick the choice is not operational yet. If the site becomes operational by the time I'm past 75 nights, will I be able to choose the benefit I was owed at 50 and another one for 75?
Why would you be eligible for the 5 SNA for 50 nights? you didn't have 50 nights before merger and more than 50 after merger, so I would say you will only receive 5 SNA.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by frenchft
Why would you be eligible for the 5 SNA for 50 nights? you didn't have 50 nights before merger and more than 50 after merger, so I would say you will only receive 5 SNA.
The reason he should be eligible is that's what MPG's Terms and Conditions say. Plat 50 gets the first choice which could be 5 suite nights. Plat Prem 75 gets a second annual choice which could be an additional 5 SNAs.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:46 pm

I haven't combined accounts. Purely wants to system to settle down.

My SPG has 12 nights.

My Marriott has 65 nights, I don't see any first choice available as the new Platinum level. Assume system isn't ready to push it out yet.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Wickersley
Correct
Don't understand why credit card nights wouldn't count. They count towards status.

​​​​​​​What about award nights?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:08 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Don't understand why credit card nights wouldn't count. They count towards status.

What about award nights?
Those all count towards both the nights for elite status and towards the nights needed to earn SNAs.

I don't know (nor much care) if credit card nights or award nights used to count or still count towards Lifetime status--that's a different question.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:30 pm

Has anyone gotten the link yet to 75 SNAs? Brought this up in another thread but I only got a link to 50 despite having over 85 nights (when you combine Paid/Awards/CC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.