Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unknown Name/Reservation on my account for the same hotel?

Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K

I'm currently staying at the EDITION Hotel in NYC for 3 nights, and after checking my account realized there is a second reservation showing up online/the app (under a different name for 6 nights). Has anyone ever had this happen? Is it something as simple as them receiving the wrong reward #? Seems odd that it would mostly overlap with mine despite the different number of days.

I plan on asking when I get back to the hotel this evening and tried searching the forums for similar situations but couldn't find anything.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmatthews11
I'm currently staying at the EDITION Hotel in NYC for 3 nights, and after checking my account realized there is a second reservation showing up online/the app (under a different name for 6 nights). Has anyone ever had this happen? Is it something as simple as them receiving the wrong reward #? Seems odd that it would mostly overlap with mine despite the different number of days.

I plan on asking when I get back to the hotel this evening and tried searching the forums for similar situations but couldn't find anything.
Could the extra reservation have been made around the time you called Marriott (or the hotel) for some reason? There are reports of call center agents (not sure I've seen this for Marriott) forgetting to close an account when they go on to the next call.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could the extra reservation have been made around the time you called Marriott (or the hotel) for some reason? There are reports of call center agents (not sure I've seen this for Marriott) forgetting to close an account when they go on to the next call.
I do all of my booking online through Concur at work, but I'm sure something like that could still happen. I'll see what I can find out tonight and update in case this ever happens to someone else.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

After speaking with the Hotel concierge, they weren't able to provide much help as to how the problem occurred. Just to confirm, I called the customer service line and they basically said the same thing, and it was likely an error by our travel agency through Concur. Oddly enough it was still a rate for my company and I looked up the name, and he doesn't work for us.

If I end up getting free points out of it, no big deal - just thought that it would get resolved quicker/easier.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Honestly, and this may sound aggressive, but I would cancel the reservation. It’s under your account and it isn’t for you. There are a variety of reasons why you should not want a reservation that isn’t for you in your account.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.