Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
How to see your lifetime nights and points without having to call Marriott: Best way to see your Lifetime points and nights
Print Wikipost

The Race to 2.0MM Points is On!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
"Page not found" when I click on the link.
Sorry about that - should work now.

David
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This seems to be exactly what I'm doing. For me, the result is seeing my lifetime nights but not lifetime points.

However,I've been MR LTP for a couple years, so maybe Marriott/Starriott thinks I don't need to see lifetime points.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:32 pm

I got my lifetime plat now. Took a couple days for my UR points to post. Yay me!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
How long does it take for a new lifetime status to be shown everywhere? I just passed the Lifetime Gold threshold...

...but it still shows me as silver on the main site?

Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
How long does it take for a new lifetime status to be shown everywhere? I just passed the Lifetime Gold threshold..
I don't know about this specifically, but it can take a few days for certain other things to filter through the whole Marriott system.

For example, when I earned 10 nights from a meeting, it showed the extra nights on the annual nights count for a day or two before it showed it on the lifetime count. But the 10 nights posted a day or two after when the points for the same meeting posted, even though they points and nights for a meeting (posted using the Group Posting Tool) get issued at the very same time. So it was many days from when the first thing posted to when everything had filtered through the whole system in that case.

And if Marriott is slow in that case, I can see how they could be equally slow in other cases.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Just crossed 2M, but still at 738 nights. I should reach 750 by October, so let's hope the retroactive processing of status earned under the old rules through the end of the year works correctly.

TBH, I'm still surprised I'd made LTG (old Gold), let alone that I was this close to LTP.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Nights #749 and #750 posted overnight! LTP status updated instantly. ^
goodeats21, DELee and mvitale like this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by pinniped
Nights #749 and #750 posted overnight! LTP status updated instantly. ^
Congrats!
pinniped likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Finally! My husband just crossed over the 2MM points with his credit card bonus.
He'll enjoy the status without worrying about requalifying every year. (right now he likes Hilton Garden Inn more than Courtyards...). But Marriott was smart with the new suite upgrades incentive, so he'll probably still work on the 50 nights/year goal.
pinniped likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:16 pm

Just passed 1.9 million. It's going to be very close...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
Right now it is a three way race:
  1. 8,000 points due to me through a promotional rate for stays at a specific property that's way delinquent (e-mailed both the GM and Director of Operations and finally today e-mailed [email protected] to get the points due)
  2. My monthly statement close for the "ancient" Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature is at the end of the month and should generate a good deal of pointage, tho' probably not the 8,275 needed to cross the finish line
  3. This week's 3 stays at MR properties that together should push me past the 2.0MM (2M) mark with the MegaBonus
Oh, and I will get a few points out of a Rewarding Event but that's not going to do much for my lifetime point total for the Lifetime Platinum race...

Unfortunately, that's it for me until August 1st at this time. We'll see what happens in the next week or so.

And I'll post here. Of course, others who are making the same dash should do so as well!

David
As a follow up (and, in a big part, due to frustration) post, my final set of points from two different stays in May (#1 above) as well as the room nights+points from a Rewarding Event finally posted tonight after badgering Customer Care with multiple e-mails (+5,000 points they added on top as a sorry "it took so long") since my crossing the LTP finish line three weeks ago. Here's my likely end of July 2018 night and point totals - did make it to requal at least to Platinum for 2019:

Even with this last set of points finally making it to my MR account, I wouldn't have crossed before August 1 if I hadn't transferred 25K miles-to-points from my UA MP account.

I wish everyone well in the next few days for those who are still pushing to get to 2.0MM points and/or 750 nights by August 1 - as well as those shooting for December 31.

David
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
I am so annoyed at how hardly any stays and bonus points are automatically posting, especially when a lot of them are bonus points that I paid a higher rate to get. I feel as if I'm spending so much time trying to get credit for points that had nothing questionable about them and should have just posted automatically. In addition, almost all of my 500 point platinum gifts are missing as well as any points for weekend breakfasts that I opted out of or green choice bonus points, even when I finally get the original stay posted.

I really didn't want to cancel my current Visa card to get the new one and rather just upgrade but at the rate I'm missing points, I think it would be safer to go for the new credit card bonus. I'm assuming that I need to wait until my chase points post for the month and then cancel. It sounds as, contrary to what many people were told, I actually don't need to wait more than a few days to apply again. Assuming I'm approved, how long does it take to actually get receive new card? The problem with going this route is that I will be without a card for a while. I don't want to lose out on any points that I should be getting but I also don't want to miss out on using it for a Marriott stay...this would be avoided if I just upgraded but then I'm a lot further away from 2MM
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:56 pm

hmmm. i transferred 540K SPG points recently but my life time status did not reflect these transferred points. Are we sure they will count towards the status?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yoyo
hmmm. i transferred 540K SPG points recently but my life time status did not reflect these transferred points. Are we sure they will count towards the status?
It's been noted many times that SPG to MR transfers do not alter MR LT points calculations.
sdsearch, MSPeconomist and getagb like this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
It's been noted many times that SPG to MR transfers do not alter MR LT points calculations.
Thanks. I didn't read thus thread careful and yes indeed it was mentioned in earlier posts. Wonder if I gift 50K of those transferred points, will they count towards the recipient's status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.