Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
This thread (post #5 from Marriott Rewards Insider) has the official announcement of changes effective later in 2018.

An earlier, speculative discussion appears in the following closed thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...tus-tiers.html
Print Wikipost

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I guess time will tell if StR and LuxCol manage to pull the usual RC guest to their hotels.
(Personally I want to try RC and compare them to StR and LuxCol.. So far I'm very happy with those 2 brands service)

Then by then RC owners can start thinking of provide equal benefits to SPG/MR members

I wonder if RC Singapore will finally participate in the new program ?
And also RC Reserve properties.

It seems like no mention about Ritz Carlton Reserve anywhere in the announcement. Either RCR is considered as separate brands not under Marriott altogether, or Marriott just simply forgot they have those in their portfolio
Yet another reason why Marriott needs to release the full terms and conditions of the new program. So many of these questions can be answered by it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:13 am
phb

Originally Posted by envgeo
Back to the topic. do we know when the suite awards will become available to current marriott gold/ future platinum members? Have a reservation for 5nights starting jan 1 and would be great to utilize.
If the new program starts August then I assume it would be then. Based on 2017 nights?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The silver lining though is that after months of hearing that SPG members are smarter, prettier, richer and more desirable than the Marriott scum we now know that Marriott, which has the data, obviously does not agree.
Sorry, I just had to chuckle at this

(Kenny, an unwashed Marriott elite)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by txpenny
Looking at my numbers it appears that I've already qualified for ambassador. So when the new tiers go into effect (August?), what will I get from ambassidor that I don't have now as a P/LTP? I've looked throughout the Marriott forum and there are too many results when searching for the word ambassador. Is there a link somewhere to what defines a Marriott Ambassador? Sorry if it's obvious.
I think I've qualified too. I'm interested to see what, if any difference, ambassador makes. I don't care about a slice of cake or a fruit plate in my room. Bathrobe and slippers in every room is something I would want. I would also want individual bottles of toiletries. A bottle of champagne every now and again would also be appreciated, especially when I redeem points for my yearly week in London and yearly week in Paris.

I would like to see the new terms and conditions clearly define the upgrade order with platinum premier ambassador taking a codified precedence over platinum premier and platinum premier clearly given a codified precedence over platinum.

I actually wonder if the ambassador service is all smoke and mirrors in that many people don't really use it. It's like credit cards that offer concierges. I don't know anyone who has ever used it. I suspect that many high-rollers have a travel agent or manager, executive assistant, or junior staffer who helps with their air travel and hotel reservations. Regardless, I also suspect that in many cases it's just easier to make a booking yourself and then just let the ambassador know you have a special request for that upcoming stay.
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I missed the StR butler coffee and packing/unpacking service at the RC, so I’d likely choose StR over RC when given the choice. For those who like lounges, however, the RC Club level may be a deciding factor in the RC favor. I don’t care about lounges, so the StR is still my preference.

Do you tip for butler for coffee? I'd assume 'yes' for packing/unpacking.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Next month, I’ll be at both the LuxColl Suiran Kyoto (5 nights award stay) and RC Kyoto (2 nights award stay) during my SPG burn points trip to Japan.
I suspect they would wipe your butt if you asked nice enough. Or jump off the side of a building. All while smiling and nodding their head.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaizen7
And about Club level, since most StR dont have Club anyway, RC might be relieved to see that their main competitor in the chain pretty much dont offer Club as well
Is there a list of St. Regis properties with a lounge?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Getting some conflicting info. Will keep it simple. Have Marriott Gold & SPG Gold. Under the revised plan am I correct in assuming that it becomes Marriott Platinum?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by Troopers
Bumping my post. Anyone know?
i thought i saw somewhere that everything would be merged...so you wouldn't have to transfer yourself. I want to say i read that on TPG...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:36 am
Company Representative, Marriott Rewards

Originally Posted by ENycSea
https://members.marriott.com/redeem/ for the new rates. Very unclear what hotels will be in what category.
We’ll share more information in the coming weeks regarding which Categories hotels will fall into in the new chart.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
Horace, bhrubin and Kiara like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
i thought i saw somewhere that everything would be merged...so you wouldn't have to transfer yourself. I want to say i read that on TPG...
I'm referring to transferring points from two different people with same address, eg. husband transfers points into wife's account.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
If a hotel brand is going to participate in the program then it should have to comply with all of the benefits. If you're going to give a property an opt-out on breakfast, which frankly makes no sense because Marriott International manages most or all Ritz-Carlton properties (you'd think Marriott could force itself to comply), then where does it stop? It's much easier for a high-end property that gets an exemption from breakfast to also thumb their nose at upgrades, which they will be required to provide, unless the new terms and conditions exempt them.
Don't forget the double secret listing of Marriott properties that already can opt out of weekend breakfasts for 1000 points. I would imagine that list is going to grow quickly and become more widespread.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Do you tip for butler for coffee? I'd assume 'yes' for packing/unpacking.
I tend to leave a tip at the end of a stay for the butler team (since you can have multiple butlers for any stay), and usually a combined tip for housekeeping and other services. Sometimes I’ll give something specifically to one person, but usually to the team(s).
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG
Good news! Marriott Gold will be Marriott Platinum this August!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dingjie
Good news! Marriott Gold will be Marriott Platinum this August!
18-hour news grenade...
LPCJr likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
We’ll share more information in the coming weeks regarding which Categories hotels will fall into in the new chart.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
Thanks for joining the conversation. I can only imagine how many enquiries you have at the moment. I hope that the terms and conditions will be unveiled soon as so many of these questions could be answered by the terms, like:

1) Is the new "breakfast offering" conditioned beyond the exemption for Ritz-Carlton, Design, Edition, Vacation Club and Executive Apartments?
2) Is "breakfast" defined so a property can't claim toast, coffee and juice is breakfast?
3) Is there a clearly defined order for upgrades? In word others, platinum premier ambassadors take precedence over platinum premiers and platinums and platinum premiers takes precedence over platinums for upgrades.
4) Is Rewarding Events staying as-is?
5) What is the policy on resort fees that charge for benefits (like internet access) that are supposed to be complimentary for elites? Will elites get a resort fee waiver or, at the least, a resort fee discount to compensate?
6) Can you fix the US version of the Marriott website? It doesn't recognize anyone with the current Rewards platinum premier status. Marriott UK, Marriott Japan and other versions of the website recognize platinum premier status. It's a HTML coding error.
7) If a St. Regis has a club lounge do platinum, platinum premier and platinum premier ambassadors get access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.