Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spring 2018 Megabonus: Apr 16 - July 20, 2018

Old Apr 2, 18, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat

I happened to glance at my promos page today. In addition to the progress tracker for the current MegaBonus, in the New Promos section there was a blank box with no title and a Register Now button. Of course, I clicked on it. It brought me to the following page - https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...promotion=MZ18 - with a vague "Earn with every stay" message and nothing else.

Now I have a second progress tracker counting towards 50 Nights - still no description of what I'll earn, end date, or anything else.

Unfortunately I don't have any stays booked in the next few weeks to test this out.

Any guesses?
Old Apr 2, 18, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I got the same exact promo on the website. I can tell you that I spoke with an agent this evening at the Plat desk because I tried to cancel a few reservations and the website kept saying that I received an error and it wouldn't let me do anything online. The agent told me that the website has had many different problems over the past few days and it's because they are trying to consolidate the Marriott/SPG sites and they are having difficulty with this. I suspect that this is the reason for the promo glitch.
Old Apr 2, 18, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Must be the new MegaBonus. Somone prematurely released this to the website.
Old Apr 2, 18, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
According to https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...new-promotion/ the promo is:

Marriott offers 750 points per night starting with your third night during the promotion period, up to 36,000 bonus points. (Marriott ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are excluded.)

Starwood is offering 250 points per night starting with your third night during the promotion period, up to 12000 points total, at participating hotels.
Old Apr 2, 18, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Makes sense that it's a misfire of the upcoming spring/summer MegaBonus based on the timing - but if that description is accurate, what a pathetic promo. See you in the fall Marriott/SPG, maybe.
Old Apr 2, 18, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum
​​​​​So we're going from a 2000 points per stay promotion to 750 points per stay? Say it ain't so Marriott !
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by getagb View Post
Yes I got told about that when I had to call up customer services yesterday. Seems a poor comparison 750 points compared to the 2000/3000 on offer this megabonus cycle!
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:53 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (SPG75), HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana DiamondTK Elite
Originally Posted by Slatco View Post
​​​​​So we're going from a 2000 points per stay promotion to 750 points per stay? Say it ain't so Marriott !
It's 750 points per night! So if you have a 3+ night stay you get more.
exoz95 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 18, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat

Get More of What You Love Megabonus

Members earn 750 points per night starting from third night. Registration for this promotion is required and ends on June 30, 2018.
Old Apr 3, 18, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I can't register for the promotion when I attempt to click the link everyone is publishing and sharing. I've tried the Marriott US, Japan and UK websites to no avail.
Old Apr 3, 18, 11:58 am

As I said in another thread today, its a rather comedown from getting 2000/3000 points this cycle to 750!
notquiteaff, obunewbie17 and LF72 like this.
Old Apr 3, 18, 11:59 am

I am usually there for a weekend so 1500 points compared to 3000 this promotion cycle.
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Deleted

Last edited by vishalgupta22; Apr 3, 18 at 2:10 pm
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:04 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Gold, WN A-List, Hertz 5-star, National Executive Elite
Unless you're staying for over 3+ nights at a time, this is definitely less lucrative than the winter megabonus. That said -- I'm sure Marriott knows that. Perhaps some budget cuts or lower operating expenses = less points for one night visitors this quarter.
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MB LTTE/A HH DIA, DL
Originally Posted by obunewbie17 View Post
Unless you're staying for over 3+ nights at a time, this is definitely less lucrative than the winter megabonus. That said -- I'm sure Marriott knows that. Perhaps some budget cuts or lower operating expenses = less points for one night visitors this quarter.
I read it as the third night of the MB period starts the 750 point bonus. Each night after the initial two days will earn 750, regardless of your length of stay(s).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: