Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spring 2018 Megabonus: Apr 16 - July 20, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2018 Megabonus: Apr 16 - July 20, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Thanks. That’s what I figured just couldn’t find it in the T&C.
Huh? Promotion page: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...promotion=MZ18

T's and C's at the bottom:

David
getagb likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Is it too early to wonder about the next Megabonus parameters? Or whatever its equivalent will be moving forward? We're just under 2 weeks away from this one concluding.

(...will there be an equivalent moving forward...?)
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by obunewbie17
Is it too early to wonder about the next Megabonus parameters? Or whatever its equivalent will be moving forward? We're just under 2 weeks away from this one concluding.

(...will there be an equivalent moving forward...?)
I think we are 2 days from the promotion ending...not 2 weeks.

Current speculation thread on next one...
Speculation: Late Summer/Fall 2018 Marriott and/or Starwood Promotion(s)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I think we are 2 days from the promotion ending...not 2 weeks.

Current speculation thread on next one...
Speculation: Late Summer/Fall 2018 Marriott and/or Starwood Promotion(s)
Correct... July 20 is the last night.

I do not think we will hear anything about a new Megabonus until the August MR program changes are successfully implemented... so probably 4 weeks of no information... at least, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. While we all know that tomorrow is the end of this promotion, my account's Promotion Central already says:

So, for those staying in Marriott-family hotels this night and next, you may want to keep an eye on your promotion point credits.

Also, what we've been calling this as "Spring 2018 Megabonus" , my account shows it as:

But, if you go back to the promotion that ran from January to April, MR called that one as:

FWIW.

David
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by TWToKM
Maybe they are taking into account their own guidance that some stays can take up to 10 days to post and they do not want people calling in frantically to get stays to post in time for August 1st, nor do they want to have to make a lot of adjustments post-August 1st?
Interesting you should mention that. Both myself and a colleague have not had this month's amex SPG points arrive on Starwood's website. According to Amex they sent them over on the 13th and 14th of this month. They usually arrive the next day.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Am I correct in assuming that a stay that continues past the 20th, will only get credit up to that date and not to the end of the stay ?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by danola
Am I correct in assuming that a stay that continues past the 20th, will only get credit up to that date and not to the end of the stay ?
Yes.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just received an email today from Marriott Rewards.
Subject: Re: Your Megabonus Registration

Book directly on Marriott.com or our mobile app and starting with your third night, earn 750 bonus points on every night of every stay, up to 36,000 bonus points. This promotion runs for nights from April 16 through July 20, 2018.
Little bit late.

Their Marketing / IT teams have really been crappy recently...and that is saying something compared to their usual level of crap.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Their Marketing / IT teams have really been crappy recently...and that is saying something compared to their usual level of crap.
More like... for as long as I have been in the MR program... IT stinks.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:58 pm

I've received an email yesterday with the same promotional hotels advertised as last time with the stay by date moved forward. 2000 to 5000 extra points for booking premium or suites till late October.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:01 pm

Just wondering how many people out there maximized this promo? For the first time, I went right down to the wire to finish all 53 nights.... literally the last night the promo ran.... this was definitely a more challenging bonus to complete.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not me. With no travel in July and 7 nights of award stays in May, all I could muster were 8,250 points for 11 nights. The annoying parts of this promo were a) no earning on 2 nights and b) 750 points instead of the 2,000 / night for recent MegaBonii.

David
jjmoore likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I ended up with 33,000 out of 36,000 possible points. I had a week of vacation (so I stayed at a Marriott on points), and didn't travel for work during 4th of July week. Fell 4 nights short. C'est la vie...

-mvitale
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just wondering how many people out there maximized this promo? For the first time, I went right down to the wire to finish all 53 nights.... literally the last night the promo ran.... this was definitely a more challenging bonus to complete.
That is incredibly impressive, well done. I only had six nights. Annoyingly, the two rewards nights I also had didn't count.
jjmoore likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.