Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spring 2018 Megabonus: Apr 16 - July 20, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2018 Megabonus: Apr 16 - July 20, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Well, no good deed goes unpunished! My earlier post regarding the "correct" dates referred to the large print set of dates at the top of the promotion webpage: Promotion Central. Sure enough, in the small print down below, on the same webpage, it shows the second set of dates. Not seeing an obvious right answer, I called Marriott Rewards for clarification. After an unacceptable 18 minutes on hold (on the Platinum line), I got a nice woman who told me that the second set of dates, in small print at the bottom of the page, is the correct set. I expressed my disappointment that whoever proofreads Marriott's webpages before they go live obviously missed this obvious inconsistency, and changing it now, after millions of people have seen it, seems kind of rude. I basically got "blah, blah, blah" in response.

I wasn't satisfied with that response, so I called Arne Sorenson's office. A nicer woman who answered the phone seemed very concerned about this and promised to correct it as soon as possible -- which probably means very soon, indeed. I suggested that the only ethical change at this point would be to April 16 - July 30, encompassing both sets of dates in their entirety. We'll see what they do. Interesting experience.

Bruce
Maybe contact a state attorney general's consumer protection division?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Kind of like hitting a gnat with a sledge hammer since no one has been harmed as there have been no stays.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Setting aside possible harm, it's really more disappointing than anything else. I have a 35-year history with Marriott (2500 nights and 7+ million points) and have never seen this level of sloppiness on their official communications. Every company makes a mistake occasionally, but this one is pretty bad. I'm waiting to see how they fix it.

Bruce
Don't forget that Marriott last summer announced by email that many were having their status extended through June 2019. They walked that back and didn't offer anything.

Wow. Platinum-elite status extended until June 2019
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I still can't register for this. What am I doing wrong? Maybe platinum-premiers are excluded.
I'm a PP and I was able to register. My son is a Plat, saw the promo on his page, but when he clicked it said he wasn't eligible. Do we think it was targeted or just some bug where some people can't register online?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I'm a PP and I was able to register. My son is a Plat, saw the promo on his page, but when he clicked it said he wasn't eligible. Do we think it was targeted or just some bug where some people can't register online?
Just registered using the link in post #35 of this thread. Probably a bug.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
So is there an official answer to whether the 750 points are for all nights during the promo period starting with night #3 no matter if it is all one night stays or two 25 night stays?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Ugh. Even after clicking the link in post 35, I get:

A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:06 am

I couldn't register either. I had to call to get registered for the promotion
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
And at the same time, you could file a formal complaint about the blatant misrepresentation in the use of ‘Mega’ (as in Megabonus) ....
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Slatco

It's perhaps the worst promotion I've ever seen from Marriott. I stay 300 plus nights a year. Barring a targeted promotion, I have no incentive to stay at Marriott properties. There are better deals out there with comparable companies.
OK slightly off subject but this fascinates me: 300 nights/year in a hotel room is insane. If you stayed 5 nights a week EVERY week that's only 260 nights. Not to get too personal, but what do you do that requires you essentially living in a hotel? Makes me and my 170 ish nights a year seem like a home body.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
OK slightly off subject but this fascinates me: 300 nights/year in a hotel room is insane. If you stayed 5 nights a week EVERY week that's only 260 nights. Not to get too personal, but what do you do that requires you essentially living in a hotel? Makes me and my 170 ish nights a year seem like a home body.
Well, I have 113 nights (excluding 2017 rollover) with Marriott in 2018 even though today is only day 95 of the year. I do events, which gives me a healthy bonus. 300 butt-in-bed nights is pretty damn difficult, unless you're on-location for a project, I think.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I end up around 250 each year, 90% with Marriott. If my wife were to kick me to the curb, I would totally end up with 365 BIB. I met a guest who frequents my hotel of choice in TPA on a monthly basis. He never checks out of his east coast hotel. I don't know how MR handles being checked into two hotels on the same night. My guess is they don't care (with that kind of spend).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
I couldn't register either. I had to call to get registered for the promotion
Exactly.

Every time there is a new MR promotion, someone complains that they cannot register online. And every time, those people are able to register by phone.

I do not recall a single report of someone ultimately being unable to register for an MR promotion.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by txpenny
I don't know how MR handles being checked into two hotels on the same night. My guess is they don't care (with that kind of spend).
I've been checked into two hotels at the same time, albeit in two separate cities.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I've been checked into two hotels at the same time, albeit in two separate cities.

Any issues with MR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.