Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Room Key

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Mobile Room Key

Wanted to get some advice on this scenario and see if anyone has ever tried this.

I have booked my hotel, checked in via the mobile app, and got my digital room key via the mobile app, you didn't have to step foot at the front desk.

I have received Marriott Rewards points for doing that above.

My question is. I have always heard you have to physically be at the hotel to check in to receive Marriott rewards points. Now If I booked a hotel, checked in on my phone, got my mobile room key, but never even stepped foot in the hotel would I receive points/the night?

I didn't know if there was something in the system that when your phone open's your door that it triggers that you are there?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions clearly state, " The Member must also stay in one of the rooms." Hopefully FTers are ethical enough to not offer advice on how to violate the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.