Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDITION is going plastic-free!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
EDITION is going plastic-free!

Nice move! Let's hope they do the same for all the other brands...

Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
speak for yourself

until I see what they are replacing it with

I'll wait on the kudos
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
speak for yourself
I always do.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Do I have to pay in cash?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CPRich
Do I have to pay in cash?
They said they're banning single-use plastic. Given the rates I've seen at Edition properties, I'm sure they'll be running the plastic cards multiple times...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I applaud the change (especially straws and bottled water) and I hope it spreads to other brands.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
speak for yourself

until I see what they are replacing it with

I'll wait on the kudos
Obviously they found a cheaper alternative, we'll have to see what that is. I'm having a hard time thinking of when I've used a plastic coffee cup at a hotel anyway. Usually it's an actual cup or a paper cup. Maybe it's what they provide in meeting rooms?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by JBord
Obviously they found a cheaper alternative, we'll have to see what that is. I'm having a hard time thinking of when I've used a plastic coffee cup at a hotel anyway. Usually it's an actual cup or a paper cup. Maybe it's what they provide in meeting rooms?
It's probably most PR. It's pretty easy to eliminate something if you don't actually have it.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Does Edition provide complimentary shower caps?

David
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

I'm having a hard time thinking of when I've used a plastic coffee cup at a hotel anyway.
I would guess they're referring to Styrofoam.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
For bottled water, I'd like to see a cheaper alternative than plastic containers. Paper?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
For bottled water, I'd like to see a cheaper alternative than plastic containers. Paper?
How about - use the tap water? Every major hotel I've ever stayed in filters their water.
C17PSGR and JBord like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've seen "bottled" water in containers that looked like they were primarily paper, but with a plastic screw bottletop. They remind me of the new 500 ml wine "bottles" which aren't glass and aren't plastic that are sold in some airport delis and takeaway food places. I suspect they're foil lined as they seem different from milk cartons.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It's probably most PR. It's pretty easy to eliminate something if you don't actually have it.
That was my impression, as well. However, the ad does say: "And that's just the beginning." Maybe there's more to come to enhance this tiny step towards eco-friendliness. (Is that a real word?)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Edition hotels are pretty fancy. Me thinks they don't have paper or plastic coffee cups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.