Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rewards Insiders Glitch Revealing First Last Names

Rewards Insiders Glitch Revealing First Last Names

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
Unhappy Rewards Insiders Glitch Revealing First Last Names

I've heard of the glitch with the Rewards Insiders platform revealing Rewards Insiders members first names if they follow one another but this appears to be a new one. I've lurked on the Rewards Insiders site but had not created a profile there before. Finally I decided I would create a profile on the system which is based on the Jive platform. I created a username, the first and last name default to your real first/last but are supposed to be set so they do not appear.

All goes well, create the account on my iPhone with the Safari browser, one would think this was a tested browser. However, I participate in a couple polls and quickly note it is defaulting to my real first and last name. So, delete my items, don't panic, figure they didn't test on the safari for iphone browser properly. Login to my laptop, open Firefox, open my profile, nope, settings are correct, my first and last name are set so they are NOT visible to everyone but Marriott somehow has defaulted them to be visible to everyone instead of my username. There is no way to edit it since in the software's algorithm my settings are correct. So, I've emailed them to correct it and am now searching for how to delete my profile.

I would recommend not creating a Rewards Insiders profile until this is fixed. I did search threads for a technical issue with Insiders but didn't see one, apologies if this is a known issue.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Certainly not surprising considering what a total mess the normal Marriott website is
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I believe the site shows your first/last name to yourself when you are logged in. Did you try logging out and view your post as a guest to see what was displaying?

I seem to recall this coming up awhile ago and for whatever reason they had set it to display this way to yourself when logged in, but others saw your username.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes, I can confirm that I logged in, looked at one of my posts, saw my actual name, logged out, refreshed, and saw my "handle" on Marriott Rewards Insiders.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Yes, I can confirm that I logged in, looked at one of my posts, saw my actual name, logged out, refreshed, and saw my "handle" on Marriott Rewards Insiders.
Yikes. Not good.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman

Yikes. Not good.
???
So you see your name but others don't. I would think that would be fine, at least once you realize it.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
???
So you see your name but others don't. I would think that would be fine, at least once you realize it.
Sorry, I misread the post. I thought the OP confirmed that they did see their actual name when they logged out. I retract my statement

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.