Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever received a wake-up call after requesting it via the Marriott app?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever received a wake-up call after requesting it via the Marriott app?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
And remember they initially gave us incentives to use the app's various features.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by Xeno
And remember they initially gave us incentives to use the app's various features.

why do I get the feeling that a couple of lawyers in a law office somewhere is thinking about a class action suit?

can you imagine the number of Marriott app users who missed their morning meetings, flights, or whatever, because they didn't get the wake-up calls? that adds up to be a lot of money(airline/bus/train rebooking fees, lost business opportunities, extra cab/Uber fares, etc, etc, etc)

I've seen more frivolous class action suits the resulted in the lawyers making multi-million in legal fees as well $5 coupons for their clients.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I’ve used the in-app wake up call request feature many times and it’s only failed once, at the Portland OR Waterfront Marriott. They comped me a steak to make up for it 🥩
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by getagb
I’ve used the in-app wake up call request feature many times and it’s only failed once, at the Portland OR Waterfront Marriott. They comped me a steak to make up for it ��
Thanks! Next time my in-app wake up call doesn't come through, I will be demanding a free lobster dinner! Or insist that the hot front desk clerk sleep in my room to make sure that someone wakes me up.(although that'll more than like me keep me awake all night)

Last edited by geometry; Feb 28, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by geometry
I do set my own alarm on my phone and/or travel clock....

I'm merely bothered by the fact that Marriott offers a product(the app) and that it doesn't work as advertised. (not that I'm surprised, of course)
So you set your own phone and also request an alarm from the app ?

As I asked previously, whether it works or not, I can't see any scenario whereby one should do this rigmaroll rather than just use the phone alarm. Maybe it doesn't work because when someone though about it for a bit, they realised it was pointless and not worth the hassle/IT to get it working.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by geometry
during check-in? that probably only works for someone who needs wake-up calls at the same time every morning, no?

I thought the whole point of the wake-up call request in the Marriott app was so that you can do it quickly from your room.
it was a 1 night stay so that was not relevant. They told me they saw my request and wanted to make sure still wanted it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.