Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection in London Kensington is a great hotel
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by OliverB
Arctic Club in Seattle is fantastic (high corner rooms)
I thought that was a Doubletree hotel.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Haven't done Xenia, but have done St Ermins and Threadneedles. Also, another Autograph is opening in November near Tower Bridge called the Dixon. Will have to try that soon too!

Was Xenia really small?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I stay across the street at the Marriott Kensington pretty regularly. I keep considering Hotel Xenia, but I get so much use out of the Marriott exec lounge in the evenings that it's tough for me to switch. As a solo female business traveler, it is nice to have the lounge as an option when I don't have plans with customers for dinner.

I would say our favorite Autograph Collection hotel so far is The Glasshouse in Edinburgh. Not so much for the architecture (and those weird lit up mannequins), but for the excellent treatment. The Suite we were upgraded to was one the largest hotel rooms I have ever had in Europe and had sweeping views of the Firth of Forth to one side and Edinburgh Castle to the other from the gigantic private terrace.

FYI. Looking forward to our upcoming trip to Italy - staying at 3 different Autograph Collection hotels. Boscolo Venezia, Sina Villa Medici, Boscolo Exedra.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
To the several people who mentioned The Blackstone in Chicago...absolutely a great property. Good looking rooms and good lounge area in the basement. Definitely will attempt to stay there when I travel to Chicago again.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The Hi-Lo in Portland, OR is a very good hotel. New renovation of an older property, great location, wonderful bar, and excellent breakfast included for Golds/Plats.

The Rafael in Kansas City is one I used to stay at in pre-Marriott days, and have now stayed at 2-3 times as an Autograph hotel. Its rooms have been thoroughly modernized, and it also has a very good restaurant with live music most nights. Perhaps the only place I've been where room service breakfast was an option for Gold/Plat.

The Lexington in NYC is *not* my favorite hotel. They've started cramming on bogus resort fees, and their breakfast option for elites is a total circus. They also demanded upfront payment to store my bag, which is simply ridiculous at any full-service hotel. I've shifted my future NYC stays to Hilton Garden Inn - better product all around than this hotel.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Only been to one Autograph - Sienna in Chapel Hill NC and had an excellent stay.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
My favorites
Powerscourt Hotel in Ireland
Oh yes, this. I haven't stayed at many Autograph Collection properties (and I don't think any in the US), but the Powerscourt ^
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:02 am

Pier One in Sydney would be my favourite so far.

Followed clossely by Q&C in New Orleans.
CALMSP likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
I've stayed at the Prince Sakura in Tokyo and it was very good. The rooms were huge. The bed was bigger than a king bed and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and stand up shower. I will be staying at the Sydney Harbour Autograph hotel in May and I am looking forward to it.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:45 am

A few favorites:
  • Cotton House (Barcelona, Spain) - absolutely beautiful hotel!
  • Mauna Kea (Kona, Hawaii) - the beach here is amazing.
  • The Epicurean (Tampa, Florida) - across the street from Bern's
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:46 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I've got an upcoming stay at Hotel LeVeque (Columbus, OH), any experiences?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Hands down, EMC2 in Chicago

Runners-up
  • Pier One in Sydney, Australia
  • Bohemian in Savannah
  • Citizen in Sacramento
  • Blackstone in Chicago
  • Davenport Grand in Spokane
  • Laylow in Honolulu
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
  • Laylow in Honolulu
Really???
dgreen12 and C17PSGR like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:18 pm

I've only stayed at one Autograph hotel - a lovely stay last summer at the Gewandhaus Dresden. Beautiful (and beautifully renovated) building, great location. Upgraded as a Platinum to a larger room. Surprisingly for a boutique-ish hotel in a historical building, there's a swimming pool. Not large but you won't generally find one at all at hotels like this in Europe. Staff was excellent. The breakfast buffet was outstanding - German hotels generally do this well, but I was still impressed by the selection and quality; probably ranks with the (far, far more expensive) Waldorf-Astoria in Berlin as the best breakfast buffet I've had in Europe. I still think the rate we booked was a mistake rate (it was like 60-some Euros, net was less because of Citi Prestige 4th night free, sadly can't do that anymore).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.