Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 Category Changes as of March 6, 2018

2018 Category Changes as of March 6, 2018

Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by alc
have a CAT 5 reservation that I haven't attached my 7-night cert yet. look today, the reservation listed as CAT 6 without the cert. I always thought as long as I made the booking when the hotel is at the old CAT, it will still be honor, is this not the case in the past?
You have to call in to Marriott Rewards to attach the 7-night certificate. When you call, mention that you made the reservation when it was a Cat 5 (I'm not sure if that's a requirement, but it's what I have done) and that you would like to attach your certificate. I've had to do that twice in the past due to credit card certificates arriving after booking.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:09 pm
alc

Originally Posted by joeags
You have to call in to Marriott Rewards to attach the 7-night certificate. When you call, mention that you made the reservation when it was a Cat 5 (I'm not sure if that's a requirement, but it's what I have done) and that you would like to attach your certificate. I've had to do that twice in the past due to credit card certificates arriving after booking.
Thanks for info. Will call in and report back my outcome.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by alc
You can also e-mail them through Marriott.com That's what I did last year. Worked perfectly.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:31 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yurtripper
No surprises that Phu Quoc, the travel package favorite, got hiked to a Cat 6.

Pretty much everything in Central Asia and Eastern Europe seems to have been bumped up too. I suppose Skopje Marriott and Courtyard Sarajevo being the sole properties to go down in those regions is supposed to make up for it.

Well, at least they made CY Seoul Namdaemun a Cat 5, so I could consider that for a travel package next time I visit South Korea.
I just stayed at the CY Seoul Namdaemun and it really isn't even worth a 5 IMO. It was one of my worst Marriott stays in any location, and considering how good Korea is in the customer service industry I was shocked. The location is the only gem of this CY, but I won't stay there again unless it is on a certificate.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Handcake
I just stayed at the CY Seoul Namdaemun and it really isn't even worth a 5 IMO. It was one of my worst Marriott stays in any location, and considering how good Korea is in the customer service industry I was shocked. The location is the only gem of this CY, but I won't stay there again unless it is on a certificate.
Just out of curiosity, what did you find so bad about this property?
I am also considering staying at this hotel some time later this year, and would be interested to know more about this place.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Handcake
That's strange. The staff were wonderful when I was there and my experience was as good if not better than some European 5-star places in that respect. I'd mark it down for the quality of the fitness centre, but this is a CY after all so I'm not expecting too much in terms of facilities, even in Asia. The lounge was spacious with good food options in the evening and very attentive staff, and it was only at happy hour and weekend breakfasts when it seemed to get a bit crowded (but still I never had a problem finding a free table).
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:28 pm
alc

Originally Posted by piyush
Originally Posted by alc
Originally Posted by joeags
Originally Posted by alc
have a CAT 5 reservation that I haven't attached my 7-night cert yet. look today, the reservation listed as CAT 6 without the cert. I always thought as long as I made the booking when the hotel is at the old CAT, it will still be honor, is this not the case in the past?
You can also e-mail them through Marriott.com That's what I did last year. Worked perfectly.
okay called and as mentioned by joeags, attached my CAT-5 cert without issue. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.