OLCI - two days in advance?

Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

Just saw a notification in the app telling me it is time to check in for my reservation on Sunday. Noticed the message at 1:30 pm on Friday for a reservation that begins 3 pm Sunday. 😕

Check in has always been day before... anyone else seeing this change? Cancellation policy is two days so perhaps that triggered it, but I don't recall seeing this happen previously. If a new process then if I book a pre-paid stay can I check in immediately?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Same occurred for my Spring Hill reservation for tomorrow; checked in on-line yesterday morning.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Same occurred for my Spring Hill reservation for tomorrow; checked in on-line yesterday morning.
I'm guessing that how early you can check in is based on how late you can cancel. Given that are paying for the first night as soon as you go past the 2-day mark, you might as well have the option of checking in. Now, whether checking in two days, or even one day, in advance does anything for you is another question.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Mobile check-in time expanded to 48 hours?

My last two stays and my next two stays were available for check-in using the Marriott mobile application a full 48 hours before arrival. Unless this was a glitch, it seems to be an enhancement. Previously, it was 24 hours.

For what it's worth, I have not been getting notifications that my room was ready. I used to get these.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Looks like it happened to a couple others as well:

Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

This has happened to me now, too. But I'm no longer getting notifications that my room is ready.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
sounds typical of Marriott IT - giveth one, loosest one (or sometimes more )

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This has happened to me now, too. But I'm no longer getting notifications that my room is ready.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
I'm guessing that how early you can check in is based on how late you can cancel. Given that are paying for the first night as soon as you go past the 2-day mark, you might as well have the option of checking in. Now, whether checking in two days, or even one day, in advance does anything for you is another question.
I have an upcoming stay later this week on a corporate rate with a 6PM day of arrival cancellation deadline and I just got the mobile check in notice 48 hours in advance. So maybe 48 hours in advance is just the new standard window for mobile check-in regardless of cancellation terms. YMMV...

--Jon
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I wonder what happens if you check in online then have to cancel before the 6pm DOA deadline? "Too late, you're already in...?"
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

Whoops! My post above yours was supposed to be on your thread that you linked.

Mod - please delete.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Any advantage to checking in on the app?

Does it increase your chance of being upgraded to a better room? How about putting in a later check in time? (ie. 9pm?)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Any advantage to checking in on the app?

Does it increase your chance of being upgraded to a better room? How about putting in a later check in time? (ie. 9pm?)
I think it absolutely does help for at least two reasons:

1) It allows the hotel to know when you will arrive, preventing them from releasing a room as a no-show. This is especially true for late arrivers.

2) It allows you to see what room category you're in, which is helpful because this will be the first indicator that you've been upgraded.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Wardman Park Marriott: Same issue with check-in two days in advance. Also.. already moved to the concierge level.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

Morrison House, Autograph Collection in Alexandria, Virginia doesn't support online check-in through the Marriott application, but the application showed I was upgraded to a higher category room about 24 hours before arrival.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Marriott is pushing everything to a 2day+ cancellation window, so seems they are making the online checkin to match.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.