Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can no longer search for hotels using airport code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

It used to be that you could enter ORD on marriott.com to find a hotel around the Chicago O'Hare airport. Doing that now gets you a room in Ordu, Turkey. Oh well...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Still works fine...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Works okay for me too.

Nick
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
It used to be that you could enter ORD on marriott.com to find a hotel around the Chicago O'Hare airport. Doing that now gets you a room in Ordu, Turkey. Oh well...
There are two versions of the Marriott online site. I've gotten the new one once, but I mostly still have the old one.

But perhaps you have the new one, and the people who replied to you have the old one?

Oh, and you didn't specify, so let's make sure: Online site, or app? If app, Android or IOS? See, there are many possible ways to search for hotels with Marriott, and not all of them necessarily work the same.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

It looks like the iOS app and the online site either use different location lists or different algorithms for suggesting locations based on what you type. I am thinking it is the latter because entering ORD in the online site and clicking Find (not pressing Enter) does show hotels around ORD.

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I just typed ORD into the online site and O'Hare came up as one of the options. A few cities were listed first and then airports after that.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I just typed ORD into the online site and O'Hare came up as one of the options. A few cities were listed first and then airports after that.
Must be an unadvertised Platinum benefit
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Still works for me, but the description for BWI. Now it says "BWI Business District, Linthicum MD" Before it said BWI Airport.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
Probably a website glitch as they continue to tinker with the site. I had the same experience during the initial early roll-out. Eventually went away and airports started displaying again.

If you see a link at the top of the home page to go to the "previous version of Marriott.com", it would be worthwhile to click that and then try searching again.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
IATA code search still works fine. My only gripe is that every time I put in BOS, the first suggestion is always Bosnia/Herzegovina. I had hoped they'd figure out that after a decade and many nights in Boston every year - and I've never booked a room in Bosnia - that suggestion would fall down on the list.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: MR Plat Prem., WN Companion Pass
My experiences on the new website have been completely without success on the airport codes. Hopefully, this is one of those items they will bring back.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I noticed the same problem. For example, ZRH doesn't seem to want to pull up anymore.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CALMSP
I noticed the same problem. For example, ZRH doesn't seem to want to pull up anymore.
yeah, the website has been horrifyingly broken for months now. ZRH does not work, YYZ does not either. Too bad Marriott has so little interest in fixing this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Use the legacy website: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy.

It works. Still. For now.

David
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, 100% use the legacy site link above. If you are unfortunate enough to get the new site, then it has many many issues with booking airport codes and other things. Basically the new site is a piece of garbage.
hnewman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.