Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can no longer search for hotels using airport code

Can no longer search for hotels using airport code

Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Imagine extrapolating this out to all platinum members (or really even a small fraction) - if that's the standard for compensation, then Marriott is going to pay out a lot of points. I am also LTP (and PP for the past three years) and would never consider asking for compensation for this; a simple email or tweet stating my disappointment would be the extent of it. The other poster can vote with their wallet and go elsewhere if it's that large of an inconvenience.
Maybe if all us LTP's had the cojones to demand it, they would get off their butts and fix, or better yet, test before release...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: MVP Gold
This is very difficult with the new website
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by joshua362
Maybe if all us LTP's had the cojones to demand it, they would get off their butts and fix, or better yet, test before release...
Exactly.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
It used to be that you could enter ORD on marriott.com to find a hotel around the Chicago O'Hare airport. Doing that now gets you a room in Ordu, Turkey. Oh well...
But it's easy to spot the mistake. One is a third world hell hole where your well-being is in serious danger, the other is a Black Sea vacation resort.
joshua362 and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Still same garbage 'functionality' of the new website as it was months ago.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I had to phone the Plat Prem line to extend a certificate, so took the opportunity to chat with the very nice agent about this. She first let me know that there is a legacy site that works better than the new site, but was a bit shocked when I told her that the legacy site was recently pulled. After verifying with her own browser, she was shooting a note off to someone about the lost functionality of searching by Airport code.

I found it funny that Marriott's top tier agents were resigned to using the legacy site, just like us mortal customers. It is always a BAD sign when web teams do not leverage their internal power users for better QA and acceptance. I really hope she has the juice to get the word to the right folks to get this fixed. It really should not be difficult.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Also the new site gives zero indication that a rate changes over a multi night stay while booking. You only know at the last step, after selecting the hotel and room type and are on the page ready to book that you see the first night rate is what was initially advertised, and the following nights are significantly more.

The old site used to give an indication something to the effect of 'The rate for this room changes on xxx'.
Carpboy823 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:51 pm

This is seriously starting to get frustrating. Has anyone found a workaround besides using the app?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Nicholas Brown
In my most recent e-mail, I requested 10,000 bonus points for the inconvenience and time out of my day required to simply book an airport property each week, over the last few weeks.
At some point, Marriott may decide whether they want you as a customer any more. You're making it easy for them.

Originally Posted by Nicholas Brown
For a typical working professional, I'm guessing the extra 15 minutes it takes to find and book an airport property ...
If it takes more than 15 seconds, that "working professional" needs to find a new job.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Through yesterday evening I was able to find things by using marriott.co.uk. Unfortunately it has now joined marriott.com in being a piece of crap (aka, Marriott IT fubar'd it too). Yesterday I could do search new hotels & it showed 329 new hotels. Today it shows 5,260, which is what the normal Marriott website shows for new hotels.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Sharon,

Just tried the Australia site and airport search still works. Let's see how long it takes Marriott IT to fubar this one too

--Jon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.