Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How does SPG status match impact rollover nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:04 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

I have platinum through status match with SPG but still did 26 nights with Marriott last year. If I hadn't status matched to platinum then I think I would have been silver and have 16 roll over nights going into 2018 but because I did the status match to platinum do roll over nights only kick in beyond 75 marriott nights in a year?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bdohmen
I have platinum through status match with SPG but still did 26 nights with Marriott last year. If I hadn't status matched to platinum then I think I would have been silver and have 16 roll over nights going into 2018 but because I did the status match to platinum do roll over nights only kick in beyond 75 marriott nights in a year?
Yes, your status as of the end of the year determines what tier you must exceed before rollover nights begin. Since rollover nights are over, no issues going forward.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by bdohmen
I would assume so. Platinum was your MR level, so only nights over 75 would roll over this year. I doubt you get the best of both world - some sort of "Platinum but really not".

Hopefully you didn't status match towards the end of the year.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:36 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Originally Posted by CPRich
Hopefully you didn't status match towards the end of the year.
That would have been an interesting approach given I knew I would have to switch from SPG to Marriott but oh well.

Thanks everyone for the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.