Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nice touch - A happy anniversary email from Marriott

Old Jan 4, 18, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP

Turned out, yesterday was my 10y since joining Marriott Rewards.
I completely forgot about that but Marriott did not. Got an email from them with the below statistics in it.
Funny enough, I can't see the same anywhere in my profile on their web site.
Also, I am not bragging. Just wanted to share the excitement.

Old Jan 4, 18, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I got one for 9 years (most of those years had no activity). Stats like these are cool to see, I appreciated it as well. It would be neat if they had a page in our profiles with lots of other random stats...number of nights by brand, etc. I guess I'm a data nerd though!

Although it said my most visited city was Mexico City and I've only been there once for 3 nights...I guess it put in my latest stay for some reason.
Old Jan 4, 18, 9:00 am

I got a very similar graphic last month by email titled "Your 2017 year in review". Only differences were total nights was replaced with number of brands tried and cities replaced by number of different hotels . Since it was my first year staying in Marriott, you could say it was my lifetime stats too

I also got another email in similar format for hitting plat which provided the same info and number of cities. So it would seem these are stats they keep for everyone. Oddly enough one email showed I earned 1.2 million points this year while the other said I only earned 20k points (I redeemed 46 nights and 2 travel packages, so 1.2M probably is closer to being right).

Also my most-stayed city was Rome even though that was 1x 3 night stay, whereas I've stayed weeks on multiple trips to other places. I would say this is definitely broken.

I do love these types of statistics though. 10 countries with Marriott in 2017!