Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtesy Status Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by catocony
The moral of the story is, once you hit Platinum (or Gold), Marriott will bend over backwards to keep you at that level. Which is good for the most part. It has also so devalued Gold and Plat status that beyond concierge lounge access/free breakfast and for Plats the override, everything else is just marketing with not a lot of real-world impact.
do they do courtesy Gold renewals? I’ve only heard of them doing it for Plats, and most of those would have made Gold anyway. Maybe they realize there’s not a huge difference between Gold and Plat...
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:41 pm
RNE

Were You Gifted Gold Status in 2018?

TSMRSRNE received a mailer today stating "Although you stayed fewer nights than required, I am pleased to renew your Gold Elite status for 2018 as a thank you for your incredible loyalty."

Background: In 2016, she earned Gold status with 52 nights (including 15 from the Marriott credit card). In 2017, she earned 37 nights (again, 15 of which were from the credit card). She stays exclusively at domestic Courtyards and Fairfield Inns (without lounges or upgrade-significant rooms), so Marriott hasn't historically had to doll out lots of perks to her as a Gold. While the complimentary status is appreciated, Marriott isn't losing much giving it to her. Even the 5% increase in bonus points is paltry, but still appreciated. ^
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:55 am
RNE

Originally Posted by GoPhils
do they do courtesy Gold renewals?
Yes. See my post above.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Following up on my previous post, yesterday I received the same letter as TSMRSRNE indicating a Courtesy Status Renewal to Gold, with the same wording.

I will be traveling even less this year, so I won't get to use my benefits that much, but it will be nice to have.
RNE likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Did they do this for 2019? I’m showing as Titanium on the app but pretty sure I should be Plat, so not sure if it’s a glitch or I was given a courtesy renewal again. Don’t believe I got a letter like I had in the past.

Edit: didn’t realize this was still in the old forum? Any way to get it moved?

Last edited by GoPhils; Feb 22, 2019 at 3:39 am
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Probably just confirming the continuation of the August 2018 status for all of calendar 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.