Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

if I have Gold status but booked the room via Hotwire, do I still be the benefits?

Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Marriott (currently) provides "elite recognition benefits" to 3rd party bookings. ERB are lounge access, free i-net, potential upgrade. No night or points credit for room. My understanding is that incidentals still get credited.
Print Wikipost

if I have Gold status but booked the room via Hotwire, do I still be the benefits?

Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by geometry
Thanks! so they still issue physical cards?
No idea. Some still have their cards from before. I'm Lifetime so don't get a new card each year.

Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Just to clarify a point made by Ski - the incidentals earn points but not at all properties and that’s further limited to concessions owned by the property

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott (currently) provides "elite recognition benefits" to 3rd party bookings. ERB are lounge access, free i-net, potential upgrade. No night or points credit for room. My understanding is that incidentals still get credited. Who knows if that will last post-merger (I don't think SPG provides any bennies on 3rd party bookings). Usually you can't get your MR# added to the reservation in advance, but showing your card or cell phone app will take care of it at check-in.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:48 pm

You used to be able to request it on the website. FAQ has the following, not sure if it's outdated:

I lost my Marriott Rewards card.Becoming an Elite member by staying 10 or more nights a year gives you the option to request a new card. You can request the card online from the Profile page, or contact Marriott Rewards at 1-800-450-4442, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Guests with fewer than 10 nights per year may view their digital Rewards card via the mobile app by going to the Your Account screen.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by viracocha
You used to be able to request it on the website. FAQ has the following, not sure if it's outdated:

I lost my Marriott Rewards card.Becoming an Elite member by staying 10 or more nights a year gives you the option to request a new card. You can request the card online from the Profile page, or contact Marriott Rewards at 1-800-450-4442, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Guests with fewer than 10 nights per year may view their digital Rewards card via the mobile app by going to the Your Account screen.
me and Warren Buffett still use flip phones, which are not capable of having Marriott app(or any other app) installed... so no way to display digital card that way.
LF72 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Two days ago I called in to request a physical card.

After being on hold for a while the customer service agent said one would be mailed to me.

The website "request a new card" link errored out for me hence the phone call.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Yes, my wife got one last month in the mail and a brochure on Gold benefits.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
me and Warren Buffett still use flip phones, which are not capable of having Marriott app(or any other app) installed... so no way to display digital card that way.
True, you may not be able to install the app, but you can load your account number in your contact list as a note or address and read it off when you are checking in. Keyboards still work (for now) and the need to scan something is not the only way.

I am moving to Samsung/Android Pay and feel like I'm going through the chip conversion all over again (there are some stores i.e. my local Taco Bell) where some merchants can and some can't do NFC, so having a backup (the real card) is wise.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Unless someone makes a mistake, you should get no benefits of your status, or even of the MR program. No stay credit, no points, no breakfast, ...

With respect to the incidentals, I can't say for sure. With many hotels, you don't get anything for parking because someone else runs that concession. I don't know what the situation at the ORD property is.
I spoke with the general manager in person while I was checking in. I had already spoken with him on the phone a few days earlier. He looked at the Marriott app on my phone which showed the Gold Elite status.

He upgraded me to the executive suite(which was apparently $47/night higher than a standard room, if booked on Marriott.com).

He said I would definitely get points for all spending at the hotel($30/day parking, dining, etc... He couldn't care less that I booked my room via Hotwire. In fact, he said he loved Hotwire and Priceline because they help the hotel move a lot of unsold rooms. (which was not surprising for a large airport location)

I also got the free breakfasts for up to 3 people in the room.(depends on the max room occupancy, in this case, the exec suite allowed 3 occupants) The hotel serves only a cooked-to-order breakfast buffet, which was normally $19 per person. So I saved $38 each morning($19 x 2 people). I was also allowed late-checkout at 3pm, so perfect for my TATL flight.

Last edited by geometry; Feb 25, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I spoke with the general manager in person while I was checking in. I had already spoken with him on the phone a few days earlier. He looked at the Marriott app on my phone which showed the Gold Elite status.

He upgraded me to the executive suite(which was apparently $47/night higher than a standard room, if booked on Marriott.com).

He said I would definitely get points for all spending at the hotel($30/day parking, dining, etc... He couldn't care less that I booked my room via Hotwire. In fact, he said he loved Hotwire and Priceline because they help the hotel move a lot of unsold rooms. (which was not surprising for a large airport location)

I also got the free breakfasts for up to 3 people in the room.(depends on the max room occupancy, in this case, the exec suite allowed 3 occupants) The hotel serves only a cooked-to-order breakfast buffet, which was normally $19 per person. So I saved $38 each morning($19 x 2 people). I was also allowed late-checkout at 3pm, so perfect for my TATL flight.
Great. This is how it is supposed to work! Yes, you do get points on incidentals if you stay at a hotel type where incidentals count.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.