Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Period for 2017 Marriott Rewards (MR) Elite Qualification Nights:
01 January 2017 - 31 December 2017

Equation for Rollover Nights [2018 Version]:
[2017 MR Total Nights] - [2017 MR Elite Qualification Nights] - [2017 Rollover Nights] = [2018 Rollover Nights]

Example:
  • 2017 MR Total Nights: 113
  • 2017 MR Elite Qualification Nights (Platinum): 75
  • 2017 Rollover Nights: 29
Result:
113 [2017 Marriott Rewards (MR) Total Nights] - 75 [2017 MR Elite Qualification Nights] - 29 [2017 Rollover Nights] = 9 [2018 Rollover Nights]
Print Wikipost

Rollover nights from 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by myperks

and the 93 was earned in 2017 without rollover from 2016
Yes. No rollover nights from 2016
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks All

I apologize for creating a false alarm. I now understand that it takes a few weeks for the rollover nights to post.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Also waiting for rollover nights to post here. Frustrating that they've been able to reset all the counters to zero so promptly but unable to add in rollover nights at the same time.
Marriott Rewards have to (1) allow all or most stays to post that were completed towards the last few days of 2017 (2) allow credit card nights to be calculated / posted
While there will always be cases that requires manual adjustments, updating roll-over nights system wide on 2018.01.01 would literally be asking for trouble.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Just saw that rollover nights are gone next year

Why isn't THAT equation in the wiki...2019 rollover nights = 2018 nights - 2018 nights

Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orca15
Just saw that rollover nights are gone next year

Why isn't THAT equation in the wiki...2019 rollover nights = 2018 nights - 2018 nights

This thread is only for 2018 rollover nights. 😛
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:21 pm

Anyone receive their Marriott rolllovers from 2017 yet?

Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by UADAMHElite
Seeing noting yet.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UADAMHElite
How do you know you haven't?

Marriott is not showing (true) 2018 night numbers yet. On the online version, they're still showing my 95 nights from 2017, not my 3 paid (plus whatever else) nights from 2108 yet.

You won't be able to see your rollover from 2017 until the Marriott website is showing 2018 totals correctly.

Whether or not you've received them already, in the background, that's unknowable AFAIK.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How do you know you haven't?

Marriott is not showing (true) 2018 night numbers yet. On the online version, they're still showing my 95 nights from 2017, not my 3 paid (plus whatever else) nights from 2108 yet.

You won't be able to see your rollover from 2017 until the Marriott website is showing 2018 totals correctly.

Whether or not you've received them already, in the background, that's unknowable AFAIK.
Why?

@UADAMHElite, you deserve an apology. And the poster who needlessly slammed you is wrong, to boot.

Google defines received as "be given, presented with, or paid" not as being calculated "in the background." Example: You buy Christmas gifts in December, but do not give them until the 24th or 25th, meaning they have not been received until then. You have purchased them "in the background" but they have not yet been received by your friends or relatives. Same thing here. Whether the numbers have been calculated is irrelevant to whether Marriott has made them public, or given them out, so the numbers can be received by members. Jeez.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Why?

@UADAMHElite, you deserve an apology. And the poster who needlessly slammed you is wrong, to boot.

Google defines received as "be given, presented with, or paid" not as being calculated "in the background." Example: You buy Christmas gifts in December, but do not give them until the 24th or 25th, meaning they have not been received until then. You have purchased them "in the background" but they have not yet been received by your friends or relatives. Same thing here. Whether the numbers have been calculated is irrelevant to whether Marriott has made them public, or given them out, so the numbers can be received by members. Jeez.
Tree falling the forest makes no sound if there's no one around to hear it?

It's already been mentioned that things display differently on the Marriott app vs the web page, on the web page differently even on the new website vs the old website!

So what it if it's not updated at the same time on all 2 or all 3? Does that mean that those looked on the first place to be updated have received it, but those who look on a place that has been updated yet haven't received it? How silly!

In fact, has any tried calling to see if Marriott agents can already tell you your rollover night? That's a 4th possible "lookup" method, which might be updated at yet a different time!

There are many different way of determining this, and each might give different results for a while. So I don't understand how one person's random choice of which of those methods to use determines whether they're "received" them or not.

What if they don't log in for a month? Does that mean they haven't 'received" them? By your definition, they haven't.

Meanwhile, what's the big hurry? Once they display, they'll display the same for year! What difference does it make whether you know how many rollover nights you got today vs a week from now? Is the first week of January so critical to planing all your stays the rest of the year that you need to know it this week instead of next?

Perhaps if you only live in Marriott world, you're not used to things being "received" in stages. Over in the IHG forum, everyone is familiar with the Accelerate promos, and how things earned in those promos post first to the dashboard, and then take days more to actually post as points to your account.

Or what about Reward Network dining program (which do exist of a couple hotel programs, but not Marriott, as well as several airline programs)? You earn in two stages, first you find out your restuarant dine earned points or miles on the RN website, but only once a week are those transferred to the hotel or airline webiste as final points or miles "in your hand".

So once you go beyond Marriott, the term "received" can very ambgious even without anything being "behind the scenes". it's only within the narrow world of Marriott only that you can pretend there's a single level of ""receiving".

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 11, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My 2017 rollover nights just posted. 15 credit card nights still missing though.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:37 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Mine just posted, too. As far as I can tell, calculated correctly.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Ditto. 9 rollover nights from 2017. See calculation in wiki.

David
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:13 am

Yes. My nights for 2018 is no longer a 0.
Pity this this my first but also my last time getting a roll-over.
PebbleBeach and LF72 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:22 am

Mine has posted as well minus the 15 nights from credit card, which I think will be posted separately. I also see the rollover added to my lifetime status. Sad this will be discontinued, though.
PebbleBeach and LF72 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.