Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Winter 2018 Megabonus: 16 Jan - 15 April 2018

Winter 2018 Megabonus: 16 Jan - 15 April 2018

Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

Big fat whoop!
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Yawn. Another stay-based promo - insanely lame. What ever happened to the "mega," Marriott?? Totally, utterly, and completely uninspired corporate blah.
Bang-on!! "Mega" is the Greek word for "large/ great," as in "MEGAS Alexandros" = "Alexander the GREAT." Gee, If one stays in a Marriott EVERY weekend during the promo (13 weekends) one will earn a bonus of 12x 3000 =36,000 points, which is enough for ONE free night in a hotel in a moderately nice destination (Cat. 7 @ 35K.)

Better than nothing, but certainly not "Mega!" Just as giving $1 to a panhandler is not a mega-donation.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by prince.ali
I just signed up for this random offer pictured below. It just said I can enroll in it, and I need 26 stays. No details, no writing of any kind at all.... lol

I think you have the same promo as everyone. The formatting probably just caused the "GOAL" to be cut off. Here's what mine says:
26 STAYS NEEDED
GOAL: GET 2,000 BONUS POINTS PER STAY STARTING WITH YOUR SECOND STAY, PLUS AN EXTRA 1,000 BONUS POINTS WHEN YOU STAY THE WEEKEND. 50,000 POINTS MAX.
26 non-weekend stays would cause you to hit the max of 50,000 points.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I got the same offer as everyone else. Definitely not impressed with it. ROI is very low. Still better than a stick in the eye, but not much. Certainly isn't a strong incentive to steer more business to Marriott.

--Jon
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
I think the original question was about what day the stay would be credited since the poster is straddling the start of the promo on their first stay.

I could be wrong, but I believe the stay credits on the date of check-out, so it seems like all 3 of your scheduled stays would count towards the new promotion. But again, I'm not 100% certain so someone else should be able to confirm.
I have this questions as well. I have a stay checking in on Jan 15 and checking out on Jan 17, will this count as my first stay in this promo?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I have this questions as well. I have a stay checking in on Jan 15 and checking out on Jan 17, will this count as my first stay in this promo?
Usually, the stay starts the day you are scheduled to check in. So when you check in on January 15, that will count towards the promo that ends on January 15. I have done this in the past, and this is how it worked for me.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Usually, the stay starts the day you are scheduled to check in. So when you check in on January 15, that will count towards the promo that ends on January 15. I have done this in the past, and this is how it worked for me.
However, in the previous megabonus (Q4) promotion which starts on September 12, a Sep 10-Sep 13 stay counts.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by zyclethe
However, in the previous megabonus (Q4) promotion which starts on September 12, a Sep 10-Sep 13 stay counts.
Yes, that happened to me on those same dates as well. Also, when I made a reservation for December 31, 2016, checking out on January 1, 2017, the night credit was given for 2016. That was actually what I was hoping for because then it rolled over!

Based on my experience, I am sticking with the answer I gave. I have checked in on the last day of a promotion several times in the past, and I always got credit for the promotion that was ending that day.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:56 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
I think the original question was about what day the stay would be credited since the poster is straddling the start of the promo on their first stay.

I could be wrong, but I believe the stay credits on the date of check-out, so it seems like all 3 of your scheduled stays would count towards the new promotion. But again, I'm not 100% certain so someone else should be able to confirm.
Yes, this is what I am wondering. Obviously the three stays I mentioned are at three different hotels.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Looks like hopping between a Fairfield and Courtyard for 20 nights is going to pay off quick... should be able to max this one out within 6 weeks max. So much easier than the grind for the current promo. Wishful thinking... but if only they didn't decide to put a cap on the one starting Jan 16 ............
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by C17PSGR

Don't like these stay based bonuses! Wondering what SPG will have.
Apparently Marriott values a busy lobby with lots of check-in and check-out buzz - but not long-term business. Given that SPG is doing double points, I'm going to have to seriously consider swapping out an upcoming four- to six-week week JW stay to a W. I realize that the dollars ultimately settle into a common kitty at this point, but there are no doubt brand managers with fancy VP titles whose personal financial performance is tied to brand performance. And right now the morons in MR who are supposed to be attracting business are in turn driving it away for many of us.

MR, you need a shake-up!! Fire whoever's coming up with this drivel and usher in some fresh blood/thinking!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Hmmm..not getting the promotion when I login. I get Promotion Unavailable.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:51 am

So I guess I will be switching back to Marriott now from Jan 16th-April 15! This is exactly what I thought they were going to do and I posted this in another forum! I think they saw how many Marriott people switched over to SPG during the 4th quarter promo because it gave the customer more points. Now they want them all to come back to the Marriott hotels. I strictly stayed at SPG hotels during this current promo

If you are platinum elite for both Marriott and Starwood..... With Starwood only earning 3 points for every dollar spent (Not the 4 points for every dollar spent) it's more beneficial doing the promo with Marriott!

I did read on another forum If the Starwood property is $25 more expensive then it will benefit you to stay at the SPG proprety then! Anyone confirm this?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:39 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
And for others it will work directly opposite as each of us have their own stay patterns.

Originally Posted by Marriott15
So I guess I will be switching back to Marriott now from Jan 16th-April 15! This is exactly what I thought they were going to do and I posted this in another forum! I think they saw how many Marriott people switched over to SPG during the 4th quarter promo because it gave the customer more points. Now they want them all to come back to the Marriott hotels. I strictly stayed at SPG hotels during this current promo

If you are platinum elite for both Marriott and Starwood..... With Starwood only earning 3 points for every dollar spent (Not the 4 points for every dollar spent) it's more beneficial doing the promo with Marriott!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:52 am
RNE

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Hmmm..not getting the promotion when I login. I get Promotion Unavailable.
Same for TSMRSRNE. No dice. She's a Gold with 36 nights. I, on the other hand, am Silver with no stays and I got the promotion.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K + BR, TSA Pre-√, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum Elite
How come they are advertising this as a promotion, but some cannot register? I tried and it states no promotions available at this time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.