Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page > End of the Line: Key Bridge Marriott

End of the Line: Key Bridge Marriott

Old Nov 27, 17, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There's also a Hyatt near (in fact, on top of) the metro station in Rosslyn. It's pretty good. Unfortunately no lounge and the standard suites are small.
Wasn't it downgraded a year or so ago to a lower, limited-service category of Hyatt properties?
Old Nov 27, 17, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Wasn't it downgraded a year or so ago to a lower, limited-service category of Hyatt properties?
It used to be Hyatt Arlington. Now it is Hyatt Centric Arlington. Frankly the service at this Hyatt is not that impressive.
Old Nov 28, 17, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, MR LP, HH Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
It used to be Hyatt Arlington. Now it is Hyatt Centric Arlington. Frankly the service at this Hyatt is not that impressive.
Agreed. Once a few years back when every Marriott in the entire DC region was somehow sold out of government rate rooms, I spent a couple of nights at that Hyatt. It confirmed my opinion of Hyatt as a substandard brand overall--for some reason I've had a lot more poor stays at Hyatts than any other brand.
Old Nov 28, 17, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
Agreed. Once a few years back when every Marriott in the entire DC region was somehow sold out of government rate rooms, I spent a couple of nights at that Hyatt. It confirmed my opinion of Hyatt as a substandard brand overall--for some reason I've had a lot more poor stays at Hyatts than any other brand.
My experience has been the opposite, with Hyatt and Starwood service clearly dominating Marriott but whatever....
Old Nov 28, 17, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
I didn't see a downgrade of service at this hotel due to any change from Hyatt Arlington to Hyatt Centric Arlington. It's been more or less the same for me, on the service end for the last couple of decades.

The Key Bridge Marriott's service was no better -- often I found it worse -- in the main than the Hyatt Arlington, except that the front desk staff tended to be marginally more consistent (in a good way) at Marriott than the Hyatt front desk staff.

I made a lot of use of the Key Bridge Marriott. It and the Hyatt were Priceline NYOP mainstays in the area. I found them to be pretty good to me regardless of what rate I paid, but there really wasn't anything special about either of these hotels, except that I found them convenient at times.
Old Nov 28, 17, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I didn't see a downgrade of service at this hotel due to any change from Hyatt Arlington to Hyatt Centric Arlington. It's been more or less the same for me, on the service end for the last couple of decades.

The Key Bridge Marriott's service was no better -- often I found it worse -- in the main than the Hyatt Arlington, except that the front desk staff tended to be marginally more consistent (in a good way) at Marriott than the Hyatt front desk staff.

I made a lot of use of the Key Bridge Marriott. It and the Hyatt were Priceline NYOP mainstays in the area. I found them to be pretty good to me regardless of what rate I paid, but there really wasn't anything special about either of these hotels, except that I found them convenient at times.
Eight or nine years ago, so 2008-ish, before I cared about points and status, I used to get the Key Bridge Marriott for $50 on Priceline.

Search this Thread