Wiki Posts
Search

Points in lieu of Housekeeping

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Points in lieu of Housekeeping

I never seem to get my points for skipping housekeeping without calling the hotel up and asking for them? And by never, I mean never. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by paulsalem
I never seem to get my points for skipping housekeeping without calling the hotel up and asking for them? And by never, I mean never. Does anyone else have this issue?
Do you select the MAGC option during OLCI? I have no problem if selected during OLCI, but sometimes have not received points when entered by the front desk at check in, or requested after check in.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments
Do you select the MAGC option during OLCI? I have no problem if selected during OLCI, but sometimes have not received points when entered by the front desk at check in, or requested after check in.
No, I rarely get to use Mobile Check In because of how my company books rooms. I just put the hang tag out.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by paulsalem
No, I rarely get to use Mobile Check In because of how my company books rooms. I just put the hang tag out.
Try calling the front desk in addition to putting out the hang tag.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
I was almost about to post my empathy over my last stay. Until I checked my account, and the bonus points just posted. 5 days after my stay posted, meaning 7 days after checkout. And after confirming the points on checkout.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Segments
Try calling the front desk in addition to putting out the hang tag.
Actually, you should mention it to the front desk at check in. Just hanging the tag on your door isn't sufficient. The front desk has to initiate crediting you with points for skipping housekeeping. The housekeeping department doesn't have anything to do with crediting the points.

--Jon
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I tried this for the first time last week. I still haven't seen the points post.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Mine posted for SH Suites in Orlando Marriott Village 2 weeks ago.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I had a stay at a CY earlier this week and the points already posted along with the regular points for the stay. In general, the points for waiving housekeeping post correctly for me automatically without any intervention.

--Jon
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
It definitely depends on the individual property. I spoke with the front desk at the Fairfield Inn that I'm usually staying at, and they said that they put in all the bonus points manually once per month.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Actually, you should mention it to the front desk at check in. Just hanging the tag on your door isn't sufficient. The front desk has to initiate crediting you with points for skipping housekeeping.
Probably depends on the property, but this is what I do and it has worked for me every time (meaning, the extra points are credited with standard points issuance).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.