Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Email from MR re: Associate Compliance

Old Oct 5, 17, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold

Received the following email a bit ago:

Dear Marriott Rewards Member:

You have been identified as a legacy Starwood/Marriott International associate with a SPG account in ‘Employee/Associate’ status linked to a Marriott Rewards account in earning status.

Per Marriott Rewards T&Cs, Marriott International associates are only eligible to earn points on US and Canada co-branded credit card spend. Thus effective immediately, your Marriott Rewards account will be updated to Employee/Associate status and future earnings will only occur per program T&Cs.

Please refer to the below communication:

*LINK REMOVED THAT GOES TO AN EXTRANET SITE REQUIRING LOGIN*

Thank you for your awareness of our efforts to safeguard the integrity of the Rewards Program.

Marriott Rewards Program Risk Team
Huh? Most I have ever been with Starwood was a gold level member at a few points over the years and I have never worked as an employee or contractor at either Marriott/Starwood.

I tried calling and of course the first person on the phone had no clue what I was talking about. Anyone have any ideas about this? I certainly do not want to forgo normal accrual of points when I do stay at a MR property.
Old Oct 5, 17, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Hippster View Post
Received the following email a bit ago:

Huh? Most I have ever been with Starwood was a gold level member at a few points over the years and I have never worked as an employee or contractor at either Marriott/Starwood.

I tried calling and of course the first person on the phone had no clue what I was talking about. Anyone have any ideas about this? I certainly do not want to forgo normal accrual of points when I do stay at a MR property.
Best bet IMHO is to copy the email and send in a communication to MR customer service.
Old Oct 5, 17, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What corporate booking codes have you been using??

Odds are a glitch in the matrix. Reach out and let them fix it.
Old Oct 5, 17, 11:46 pm

I also got this, but got a follow up saying I would not have the change.. My guess is my company had a Corporate Preferred Rate with Starwood and they somehow mixed that up on a report.

We apologize for the previous email you received. The status on your Marriott Rewards account will NOT be changed.

We value your membership in our program.
Old Oct 6, 17, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jliehr View Post

We apologize for the previous email you received. The status on your Marriott Rewards account will NOT be changed.

We value your membership in our program.
Had that same email waiting this morning. Problem solved and case closed!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: