Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chances of getting a Gold challenge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Last year Marriott gave me a challenge at around 32 nights at the end of the year - stay an extra four nights and earn Gold status. Did they give me the challenge because I never had Gold before, or is it possible for them to offer me the challenge again? I also have the Marriott-branded Visa card.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
So I got a snail mail promo today, "stay golden".

I'm at 19 nights, the offer was stay 14 more Oct-Dec (instead of 31) to keep Gold.

But... I have 15 more from the credit card that will hit in December, plus 2 award nights booked - neither of which count to the promo. So that will get me to 36, meaning without the promo, I'd get Gold with those same 14 extra nights. Which makes the promo useless.

But rant over, keep an eye on your snail mail to see what may soon come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.