Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New York Marriott Marquis No Free Nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador and LTP

I search out through next year. I searched unpopular dates Sunday night in February. The only thing offered is a Deluxe Room for 45,000 +100 dollars.

Am I missing something or does this hotel not offer free nights?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Just looked using flex night search for 45,000 points which are available each and every day in the rest of Sept and October.

Originally Posted by jjj325
I search out through next year. I searched unpopular dates Sunday night in February. The only thing offered is a Deluxe Room for 45,000 +100 dollars.

Am I missing something or does this hotel not offer free nights?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Just looked using flex night search for 45,000 points which are available each and every day in the rest of Sept and October.

Click on it and you will see it is 45000 + 100 dollars. The first screen isn't showing all.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
I did and find 4 reward res with the $100 upgrade and 2 with no cash upgrade (only 45k points) per night in Feb

Click on it and you will see it is 45000 + 100 dollars. The first screen isn't showing all.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
This might be a dumb question, but did you scroll down? It looks like this is one of those properties that shows the Points + Upgrade options first, with standard redemptions listed below that. My search for the night of Sunday, February 11 showed that.

I also found it funny that a 385 sqft "Superior" room is 45K+$100, but a 480 sqft "Premier" room is 45K+$70. My guess is that it has to do with the view - the former explicitly lists a Times Square view.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
This might be a dumb question, but did you scroll down? It looks like this is one of those properties that shows the Points + Upgrade options first, with standard redemptions listed below that. My search for the night of Sunday, February 11 showed that.

I also found it funny that a 385 sqft "Superior" room is 45K+$100, but a 480 sqft "Premier" room is 45K+$70. My guess is that it has to do with the view - the former explicitly lists a Times Square view.

That is the issue. Strange that they would sort that way. Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
This might be a dumb question, but did you scroll down? It looks like this is one of those properties that shows the Points + Upgrade options first, with standard redemptions listed below that.
This gets people all the time.

Marriott should really fix it. It's not logical to display the "pay to upgrade" options first.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Kacee
This gets people all the time.

Marriott should really fix it. It's not logical to display the "pay to upgrade" options first.
It's not logical, but I bet there are people who don't even blink and then pay the upgrade fee because they assume that's the cheapest (or only) option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.