Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellingMan
The bus stop in front of the hotel is Waye Avenue, which is between Heathrow T2/T3 and Hounslow West tube stations.

Additional transport and access details.
To / from T2 or T3
- use bus 105 or 111 to/from the Heathrow Central Bus Station - it's the last but one bus stop at the bus station. You can use alternative bus services and change at Boltons Lane (to Moxy ) or Mondial Way, probably only worth doing late at night. Normally it will take 10 to 15 minutes to get to T2 or T3 from the hotel or vice versa.
From T4 to Moxy - best take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above from Heathrow Central Bus Station.
From Moxy to T4 - Due to the loop on the tube it doesn't work so easily in this direction, so instead go Heathrow Bus Station as above, then take the Heathrow Express or Elizabeth Line (opens late 2018) to T4. Allow 30 minutes. There may be a case for taking the Hoppa bus service instead since that's door to door.
From T5 to Moxy - Take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above. Alternatively take the 423 from T5 to Bolton's Lane and then the 105, 111, 81. 223, H98 to the hotel.
From Moxy to T5 - Either go to T2 or T3 and then the tube to T5. Alternatively any bus to Mondial Way, then the 423 from there. I use this TfL link to see if a 423 is within the next 10 minutes or not, the 423 has a 20 minute service interval. Allow 30 minutes, but it may take 20 minutes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/stop/490004149W/mondial-way/

From Central London - Several options: Heathrow Express to T2/T3 then the bus as above. Or the Elizabeth Line when it opens. Or the Piccadilly line to Hounslow West. Cross over the main road to take bus 81. 223, H98 to the hotel door.
Nightbus - There is a night bus N9 that runs from Aldwych, Trafalgar Square, Harrods, High Street Kensington and Hammersmith to the hotel and then Heathrow T2, T3 and finally T5. It starts at about midnight and finishes at 06:30 approx, and runs at 20 minute intervals or better. It takes an hour from central London. If on an early flight you may end up on this service from the hotel, which provides a direct link to T5.

Fares
Travel on buses, trains and tubes is free in the Heathrow travel area, but for the tube you need a contactless payment card, or an Oyster card, or an Android/Google/Apple/Barclay Pay app. This is to operate the gates, it doesn't result in a charge. The Moxy however is 2 stops past this travel area, so you will need to have one of these payment methods to use the buses for the section between the hotel and Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel). It's a flat fare of Ł1.50. So pay when you get on the bus when departing from the Moxy, but when arriving at the Moxy pay only on the last bus that gets you to the hotel.
Print Wikipost

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:46 am

Thanks for the extensive review. We will be saying there on our last night as we have an early flight departure following morning.

What is the best route from IHG London to the Moxy hotel?

Also, not sure which terminal but will be on BA from LHR to AMS. Which would be best to go to airport?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by metoo
What is the best route from IHG London to the Moxy hotel?

Also, not sure which terminal but will be on BA from LHR to AMS. Which would be best to go to airport?
BA for AMS is Terminal 5, so if it's an early departure Nightbus N9 may be useful. For AMS you only need to be at the airport 60 minutes before departure.

IHG London? I must admit I can't work out what is meant by that?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:21 pm

"What is the best route from IHG London to the Moxy hotel?..."

Maybe you mean the Intercontinental? Possibly the one at Park Lane? If so, you are right by Hyde Park tube stop and can use the directions for access via Tube above.

Last edited by xooz; Apr 19, 2018 at 4:16 pm Reason: Clarifiation
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:45 pm

Deleted unnecessary reply
Old May 2, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have nothing to add beyond c-w-s's excellent review. I just finished up a 1 night stay and I too was drawn in by the rate at 58 GBP. There was no elite recognition at all (not that there seem to be any perks anyway). I just took the bus to and from the Heathrow Central Bus station and can confirm it is just a little bit outside the free bus zone. The lack of a desk is probably the most annoying aspect, but I appreciate all the USB power outlets since I don't travel with a UK adapter and it alleviates the need for that.

Probably the coolest thing in the room IMO is there is a motion activated under bed light, so if you get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom or whatever it automatically gives you enough light to move around but not enough to be jolting and wake you up too much, and it shuts off after about 60 seconds.

Staff was friendly. I arrived late so I had just grabbed a sandwich and a couple of beers from the Tesco. There's a gyro/burger place across the street from the Tesco that looked pretty good but it was cash only and I couldn't be bothered to get any GBP since I'd only be here for the overnight.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just took the bus to and from the Heathrow Central Bus station and can confirm it is just a little bit outside the free bus zone
Whats the best stop in the free zone for this hotel?
Old May 5, 2018, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Whats the best stop in the free zone for this hotel?
Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel) is the last stop in the free zone, many buses play an automated message as you arrive at that stop, reminding you to pay for the next part of the ride. This is a 1.5 mile (2.5 km) walk from MOXY. The bus fare is Ł1.50 from there to the hotel (or anywhere else, it's a flat rate in London) and just needs contactless pay/App payment as detailed above.
Old May 12, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Good apart from trying to get a bill after check-out

I stayed there at the end of April. Amazingly cheap compared to other Airport Marriotts. As CWS said, no mechanism to pay for breakfast or parking, so even cheaper !

I did like the motion sensor under the bed, once I worked out that it went off automatically !

My only gripe was that I did a mobile check-in (which was useless, still had to stand in the same queue, still wanted to swipe credit card) and check-out, which was even more useless.

No sign of email with bill after checking out, so started trying to phone the hotel .. HOPELESS, in 6 calls at various times of the day or night, no-one answered the phone before it went to voicemail. Twice left voicemail with my number and asked for a call-back, no response.

In the end I called Marriott Rewards, explained the situation and they gave me Email address for Hotel (WHY IS THAT NOT ON THE HOTEL WEBSITE !!!) BTW Its [email protected].

Within 15 minutes of my email, apologetic response and bill enclosed. I assume had I tweeted them, I'd have got a bill even quicker !!

Learning point, stop by at reception and collect paper copy of bill before leaving premises.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M, HHonors Gold
Had my stay at the Moxy last night and I don't mind it being funky and looking like a warehouse. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms good with a great shower.
However the service was very poor, nothing was quick. From check-in to ordering drinks. Ordered a flatbread and had to wait 1hr30 for it. I think the bar, reception, kitchen setup is just all too cramped and everyone is trying to do everything.
Would I go back? Maybe, but then dinner at the curry house down the road.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:49 pm

I stayed at this hotel recently. I arrived around midnight to find about 6 people who were trying to get in. Even I guest with a keycard could not get in and a guest inside the lobby could not open the door. After a five minute wait someone let us in.

The wait to check in was long - over 30 minutes. I was given a Ł10 ‘loyalty’ token to spend at the bar. (Plat)It appeared that this was standard.

I left early the the next morning so didn’t really experience the hotel much. The room was okay. Fitted in with my expectations.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Was stranded at the airport and needed hotel last night. Found that every Marriott/SPG hotel around Heathrow was sold out but there were rooms available here at Moxy. Had to take a taxi as this was very late at 1am. Thought that the 2km out of the airport was a bit far away but when we arrived I noticed Marriott and Sheraton hotels down the road so it was fine.
We slept very good in our bed. The room felt like a Clarion Hotel in sweden. Felt small at first but well designed. No problem for two.
​​We had big two big baggage but it was no problem to place them in the room.
The TV is very nice with fast menus. Extra stuff like pillows etc you can order from the Marriott app as there's no telephone in the room. Breakfast is okay with some of the buns like croissants etc felt like they were right from the bakery. Yoghurt was delicious as well. Juice from the machine was a disappointment though.

First time at a Moxy hotel and I'm impressed. Feels like a W hotel but with a lower rate. We'd stay at a Moxy hotel again if the location suits our needs. The check in woman was very nice as well I must mention even though it was 1am and we were tired to death.
​​​​​Would have been nice to have checked in here earlier during the evening to enjoy e beer or something at the bar. That will be for next time.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Stayed last night. I was upgraded to one of the new "business class" rooms.

It looked exactly the same as the normal rooms, except:

Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Fares
Travel on buses, trains and tubes is free in the Heathrow travel area, but for the tube you need a contactless payment card, or an Oyster card, or an Android/Google/Apple/Barclay Pay app. This is to operate the gates, it doesn't result in a charge. The Moxy however is 2 stops past this travel area, so you will need to have one of these payment methods to use the buses for the section between the hotel and Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel). It's a flat fare of Ł1.50. So pay when you get on the bus when departing from the Moxy, but when arriving at the Moxy pay only on the last bus that gets you to the hotel.
Just to say the bolded doesn't really matter any more - if you're using Oyster or contactless, you now get 70 minutes of bus travel across multiple buses for the same 1.50.

There's no reason to tap if you're on the bus travelling inside the free zone, but it won't make any difference now if you do before tapping into a bus you do need to pay for (unless you were planning to have dinner mid-journey I guess).

Last edited by typical; Dec 30, 2018 at 2:51 am Reason: Clarified tapping
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm back, and the Business Class rooms now have a kettle!

Along with three tea bags, two sachets of decaff instant coffee, and a selection of UHT pots (2 whole milk, 1 semi skimmed milk, 1 single cream). Two paper cups and those wooden stick stirrers. Two small bottles of water in the room too.

For as low as under fourty quid (standard room, plat upgrade) I really like this hotel now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.