Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's after Platinum? I'd love UA Gold as a Perk!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's after Platinum? I'd love UA Gold as a Perk!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joshua362
I personally would throw peace & quiet without being jarred awake by my neighbor's self-slamming door into that mix. So an upgrade to a corner, top floor, the CL level or an otherwise unused suite is nice. But yes I would trade that all away for a guaranteed suite for the family a few times per year.
You guys sound like me in terms of upgrades when traveling by myself vs. with my family. But I have generally learned, rather than hoping for a nice suite upgrade, to just go ahead and book one when it matters to me. At most Marriott properties they are not THAT expensive, and the peace of mind of not having to seek an upgrade, not know whether or not it will come through, etc. is well worth it (not to mention earning extra points!).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
No matter how much money I have in my bank account I can ONLY spend full retail price if it's something for my kids or grandkids.

Not so much for myself-- but if my kids needed a suite for their families, and even it was ridiculously expensive, I'd still do it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:07 am

Is Marriott / United Airlines still offering the Marriott Platinum Premiere Elite status match to United Airlines Premier Gold?
Cannot find a working URL anymore and the regular website is just saying that you can get matched to United Airlines Premier Silver.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
I was Platinum for a good six to seven years before finally hitting Platinum Premier for the last two years. This time period was
mostly 2-3 nights per week, with the last four years being mostly 3 nights/week for ~49 weeks/year.

It's definitely a nice perk to get UA Gold as part of the status. I don't fly a lot, but I've benefited from it several times
this year already.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by milesmutt
I was Platinum for a good six to seven years before finally hitting Platinum Premier for the last two years. This time period was
mostly 2-3 nights per week, with the last four years being mostly 3 nights/week for ~49 weeks/year.

It's definitely a nice perk to get UA Gold as part of the status. I don't fly a lot, but I've benefited from it several times
this year already.
Well I am just a Platinum(albeit a Lifetime) and I called Marriott Rewards and spoke to a mgr and asked for United Gold. She took my MileagePlus number and said it would be set up in a few days. Within 2 days my status was United Gold.

So I guess you don't need to be a PP to get Gold status.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mikebor
Well I am just a Platinum(albeit a Lifetime) and I called Marriott Rewards and spoke to a mgr and asked for United Gold. She took my MileagePlus number and said it would be set up in a few days. Within 2 days my status was United Gold.

So I guess you don't need to be a PP to get Gold status.
Whoa, that's great!

I'll have to keep that in mind if and when I drop to regular Lifetime Plat.
mikebor likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, PP, Plat for life, Ambassador
After Platinum Premiere there is Ambassador. Biggest perk is you get your own personal concierge at Marriott. Same person, obviously not 24/7 but its nice to hear a familiar voice. When that person is not available, the call will roll to another person who is on the Ambassador team.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by captainbaker
After Platinum Premiere there is Ambassador. Biggest perk is you get your own personal concierge at Marriott. Same person, obviously not 24/7 but its nice to hear a familiar voice. When that person is not available, the call will roll to another person who is on the Ambassador team.
PP isn’t required for Ambassador. I’ve had Ambassador for two years but have yet to get PP. Agree that it’s a great benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.