Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

Registration is required.
Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott properties.
If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
An earned free night award will be added to the members account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
Only one room per hotel is counted toward a members nights or stay.
Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton, will count toward achievement.
Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Marriott15
How do you use the certificate? I have never used one before. When you go to check out does it ask if you would like to use your certificate just like using a gift card?
You use it like points. When you search for a rewards stay, and the property is Cat 5 or lower, you will have the option to apply the Cert at booking.

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Do you have to pay tax or parking fees with a certificate?
It's like points. No taxes (except possibly city taxes in some jurisdictions, e.g., Paris or Budapest. You will pay fees such as parking and resort fees.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
You use it like points. When you search for a rewards stay, and the property is Cat 5 or lower, you will have the option to apply the Cert at booking.
Is anyone else having issues with this with the new website?

I'm trying to redeem my MegaBonus cert, it's in my profile, but when I book the room it just takes points out of my account instead.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Anyone else unable to even see the link for this promo on their MR promotions page? I've tried the various links in this thread and only get the following:

A Note About This Promotion

Were sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

Youre trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired
FWIW I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so those routes won't help.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
FWIW I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so those routes won't help.
If you have a telephone, you can call Marriott Rewards and they will add the promo to your account.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I registered manually through their Facebook DM and it showed on my MR profile a few days later.
What is the next promo?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mclymerne
Ok, yet another update. I did email MR a few days ago ask them about the promotion. They just responded, and apologized for the confusion. They indicated that the emails to members unlocking the second offer would be sent to members "starting next week". So it may be even longer for many of us to receive our offer. Oh well.
This version of the Megabonus seems very poorly executed. Their own T&C stated the email to unlock would occur 2-3 days after the initial 2 stays posted.

For whatever reason, this isn't happening. In the meantime, I and others have been booking elsewhere,since at this point, there is no way to know whether any interim Marriott stays will count for much.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by freeflyin
This version of the Megabonus seems very poorly executed. Their own T&C stated the email to unlock would occur 2-3 days after the initial 2 stays posted.

For whatever reason, this isn't happening. In the meantime, I and others have been booking elsewhere,since at this point, there is no way to know whether any interim Marriott stays will count for much.
I agree that the execution has been poor. Unfortunately, their T&C says "an additional offer may be unlocked" not "will be" so technically they are still operating within their own T&C.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Their own T&C stated the email to unlock would occur 2-3 days after the initial 2 stays posted.
FWIW, their own T&Cs do not mention anything about email notifications. The implication is that members have to keep checking their account to see if anything has appeared, and that they only have a 2 week window from whatever mystery date MR choose to activate the follow on offer.

Originally Posted by NDN
And even if it is a breach, the penalty for breach is nothing.
...well, for a start, theres reputational damage and eye rolling scorn from all those SPG members whove given their cash to Marriott instead in the last couple of weeks.....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I just got off the phone with Gold Support and was told that they started sending emails out on saturday with mine coming in the next day or two, just a matter of processing all the emails. HOWEVER they also said that any stays in between finishing the first round of the megabonus and when I activate the next promo would not count towards the next promo.

TL;DR - maybe an email is coming, they continue to sound clueless based on info given in previous posts.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
I was told the same thing last week - to date NOTHING

Originally Posted by airjerky
I just got off the phone with Gold Support and was told that they started sending emails out on saturday with mine coming in the next day or two, just a matter of processing all the emails. HOWEVER they also said that any stays in between finishing the first round of the megabonus and when I activate the next promo would not count towards the next promo.

TL;DR - maybe an email is coming, they continue to sound clueless based on info given in previous posts.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by airjerky

If that's accurate, there's going to be a lot of disgruntled customers.
mclymerne likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, UA Silver
I also spoke to a CS agent today - she said emails started going out over the weekend and to expect the next promo email by Sunday.

Like others have mentioned she said subsequent stays after the 2 stay promo but before the next stage registration will not count. She did seem surprised that there was this change in policy over prior promos.

While the second stage will be member-specific (and thus she couldn't tell me what my second promo would be), she did say it is a points-per-stay promo.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chiasmatic
I also spoke to a CS agent today - she said emails started going out over the weekend and to expect the next promo email by Sunday.

Like others have mentioned she said subsequent stays after the 2 stay promo but before the next stage registration will not count. She did seem surprised that there was this change in policy over prior promos.

While the second stage will be member-specific (and thus she couldn't tell me what my second promo would be), she did say it is a points-per-stay promo.
So none of these emails that went out over the weekend (or today) went to FT Marriott forum members? Because we don't seem to have a single post yet from anyone who got such an email here. Anything at Marriott Insiders or anywhere else?

They don't realize that combination of this and their two-day cancellation could end up biting them. For example, I have a stay on Monday a week from now, but if I can't sign up for the "unlocked" promo by Saturday, I'll have to cancel by then, so an email next Sunday won't help me a bit (nor will it help the hotel which well get as last-minute-as-can-be a cancellation, will it? ).

And I already didn't make another Marriott reservation (for this week) solely because I had no notification of this promo yet. So the longer this goes on, the longer Marriott is losing out on business from any people who are not 110% committed to Marriott. Don't they realize that???
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:23 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
If its true that stays made after completing the first promotion and before the second registration not counting are true then I am ditching all Marriott stays for the rest of the year.

A hyatt place across from my office offers 2500 bonus points per stay and there is a Aloft down the street. I may just bounce back and forth for work purposes and take half the nights away from Marriott. Hopefully I can make the expensive nights Hyatt nights and cheap nights Aloft just to do my part.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:31 am

Bonus

I was told when I called last week that for all stays after you unlocked the bonus certificate would count toward the next part of the bonus!

If for some reason they are not and you had stays I would call and fight for that!

I am hoping they have my conversation recorded or notes taken! I am a Platinum Elite Member so I don't know if that matters!
mclymerne likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.