Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I was able to successfully register as well. Hopefully whatever stay happens before unlocking the additional offer does get applied retroactively.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Why does the thread title state Sept 6 - when the T&C's say Sept 12? Mods, title should be changed
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:09 am
alc

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Why does the thread title state Sept 6 - when the T&C's say Sept 12? Mods, title should be changed
i will take the blame on this as I alert the Mod and provided Sept 6 as the starting date. I had alert the mod again to change it to Sept 12.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by alc
i will take the blame on this as I alert the Mod and provided Sept 6 as the starting date. I had alert the mod again to change it to Sept 12.
The confusion may result from the start of registration date (6 Sep) and the start of the actual promotion (12 Sep).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum
"*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

Does a 1 night stay count then?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
So for those who have experience with similar promos, for someone who is hotel hopping early on (to take advantage of a "Taste of Gold" promo), do they not get credit for the additional hotel stays while waiting for the next offer to "unlock" after 2 stays, or does registration for the second part of the promo get retroactively applied?
IMHO that's the not the biggest question.

The biggest question is what the requirements for the "unlocked" bonus will be. Until at least the first people post what it is for them, we wont' know if it's stay-based (works best with 1-night stays) or nights based or "first stay doesn't count" (again works best with 1-night stay) like various previous promos have been. Or whether it will be such an reasonable requirement (eg, stay 105 nights ) that it won't be worth pursuing at all. (We haven't seen such clearly unreasonable requirements as 6 nights a week for most of the promo from Marriott to date, but some people have gotten such crazy stuff in IHG targeted promotions. And, at any rate, what's reasonable for one person may be unreasonable for another, even if it's not 105 nights.)

So if you absolutely need a particular Marriott stay anyway, I guess just do it and wait to see what happens.

But me, I'm going to go follow other bonuses at other hotel chains while I'm waiting to find out what might be "unlocked".
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
When I try to register for the promotion, I get an error message that says the system couldn't register me.
I really hope this is a temporary error and the promotion itself is not targeted...
I had a similar issue last quarter and reached out to the Marriott twitter account for help. They DM'd me and took care of the issue. Try that route and let me know how it goes!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by MD88traveler
"*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

I would think yes since one night stays have worked for past promos like this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by dishere2003
If I have a stay from 9/10-9/14, would that count towards my first stay on this promotion? Or would I have to check out and check back in on 9/12?
Based on past experience I believe that since your check out date is on or after the 12th your stay should qualify.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MD88traveler

Yes. The stay definition is to prevent folks from checking out and checking back in each day at the same property to generate multiple stays.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dishere2003
If I have a stay from 9/10-9/14, would that count towards my first stay on this promotion? Or would I have to check out and check back in on 9/12?
The stay will count. No need to check out and check back in.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Yes, a one night stay counts.

Rasheed
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:19 pm

I have a variant of the one night stay question. If I have a 5 night point stay followed by a 1 night paid stay in the same hotel (6 consecutive nights) will that count as a paid stay? I know that the answer for SPG would be probably not as they would be consolidated into a single stay whether I checked in and out or not. But I am relatively new to chasing Marriott status and was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:47 pm
alc

Originally Posted by 466SHH
I have a variant of the one night stay question. If I have a 5 night point stay followed by a 1 night paid stay in the same hotel (6 consecutive nights) will that count as a paid stay? I know that the answer for SPG would be probably not as they would be consolidated into a single stay whether I checked in and out or not. But I am relatively new to chasing Marriott status and was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.
If it is on a single reservation now, I would suggest break it up into 2 different one. One just rewards/points and the other just paid stay. Just to be safe.

and in my experience where sometimes things happened and I need to stay an extra night after already check-out, I will get another welcome amenities
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by alc
If it is on a single reservation now, I would suggest break it up into 2 different one. One just rewards/points and the other just paid stay. Just to be safe.

and in my experience where sometimes things happened and I need to stay an extra night after already check-out, I will get another welcome amenities
It will be on two different ressies. I booked the 5 nights months ago, in order to get the old points rate. Have now decided I need a 6th night. Probably not worth the trouble to check back out but I will ask the hotel what they need me to do when I get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.