Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Marriott does this sometimes outside of the megabonus program. There are some properties that have bonus points for some rates / stays.

As far as I know, there is not an easy way to search for them though. I usually notice them just when I look at the rates for a specific property.
I get emails all the time for certain states or regions. Easy to see the list of properties from the email link.

Also from the Marriott page look for "Deals" which then leads to "all member deals" which is searchable by state.

Last edited by Segments; Oct 18, 2017 at 8:03 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Marriott15
To anyone's knowledge has Marriott ever done what SPG does where only certain hotels participate in a promotion.

My idea would be they look at each state and find hotels that arn't doing so well revenue wise and offer 1,000-2,000 bonus points for staying there. Pick 10 hotels per state!
Check "all member deals" page. They offer bonus points for select hotels all the time. Sometimes it is for a new or newly renovated property, other times it is a region ("come see the fall leaves") and I suspect some are for properties looking to boost revenue. You often must book a special rate which may not be the cheapest available.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
"Your recent promotion - this is over, see how you did.
Earn with every stay.
Book Now
MegaBonus®
CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL.
TOTAL: 1 FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE(S)"

Thought there would be more tiers I can unlock and achieve?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Did your cert just post? It took MR a few days after posting mine to present the next promotion.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Did your cert just post? It took MR a few days after posting mine to present the next promotion.
Rewards Certificate: 2017 Fall MegaBonus Free-Night Cert Category 1-5 Expires 04/18/2018

I will wait for the next challenge.

Thanks ^
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Got the 10k bonus - now it should just be 1k per stay...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Got the 10k bonus - now it should just be 1k per stay...
1K points over 40 stays is going to be much better. Thank god for hotel hops right across the street between FI and CY properties!! The only downside is the receipts.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:00 pm

Earn with every stay.
Book Now
MegaBonus®

I had to go in (to the page) and register for part two of the promo
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Earn with every stay.
Book Now
MegaBonus®

That's on the right hand side of the page. When I got the unlocked bonus, it was in a totally separate area on the left hand side of the page.

So while you do have to wait a couple days after you get the certificate, also make sure you look around the whole page, because the unlock may be on a completely part of the page than you might expect.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jjmoore
1K points over 40 stays is going to be much better. Thank god for hotel hops right across the street between FI and CY properties!! The only downside is the receipts.
I am not digging the promo based on "stays".

I also have the opportunity to hop with close-by Marriott properties, but I have decided it is not worth the multiple receipts for reimbursement and possibly getting questioned about it.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Registration Down

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I've booked a stay this weekend but cannot register for this. The promo advert appears under my rewards account but when I click on the link to register I get the error message:

[BEGINS]
A Note About This Promotion
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.
The reason for this error could be:
You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired
Updating your earning preference is fast and easy; simply sign into your account. For all other issues, please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support.
[ENDS]
Essentially the same problem here.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I just got my second offer unlocked two days after completing the 2nd stay.

"Earn 10,000 bonus points after your next five stays, and then 1,000 more for every stay after that"

Seems doable but nothing too exciting.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
All my LNF rates have always qualified for previous MegaBonuses.
Thanks for this! I wasn't sure it would qualify or not, and couldn't really find anything definitive one way or another.

Side note, can the certificate be used with a package at a category 5 hotel? Let's say I want to book one night (using the certificate) but also want the park & fly package...can I use it or no?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JustDandy
Thanks for this! I wasn't sure it would qualify or not, and couldn't really find anything definitive one way or another.

Side note, can the certificate be used with a package at a category 5 hotel? Let's say I want to book one night (using the certificate) but also want the park & fly package...can I use it or no?
LNF qualifies for all promos.

The free night cert is for a free night ... nothing else. Call the property and see how much extra they will charge for park & fly
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Question about the free night certificate.

As a Platinum, will I be treated as a Platinum using the Marriott free night award certificate? So, any room upgrade? Lounge access? Welcome bonus points?

I ask this naive question because all indications are that the free night is a free night and nothing more. Over at SPG, a free night comes with all the benefits of your status...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.