Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bgriz18
Currently at 1 stay, I have back to back stays next week (2 different hotels). I assume that 3rd stay will count towards whatever my 2nd offer is.
Mine did. I had checked-in for my 3rd stay before my second stay posted. Checked out the same day as the 2nd promo appeared and I registered.

Received credit for the 3rd stay on the megabonus tracker.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold - SPG & Marriott Platinum Elite - BW Diamond - IHG Platinum - Melia Gold - Radisson Gold
I have 2 stays booked in October (CY Prague & CY Seoul Time Square) and one in CY Barbados in January. Wondering whether I'd get an additional offer after completing my 2 stays in October! fingers crossed.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
The 6 month expiration for the certificate is the problem for me. I don't have any personal travel planned for the next few months, so I want to receive the cert as late as possible to maximize its usefulness. To do this, my first stay will be next week but my second stay will be just before the January 15 end date for the promotion. I stay in a hotel most every week, so I can easily control the timing.

I will miss out on the bonus in the meantime, but it will cause the cert to be valid for as long as possible. Also, Hilton has a nice promo running through the end of the year, and I will be careful to book with Hilton and avoid Marriott before my second stay in January (probably not the behavior that Marriott is trying to encourage).

Last edited by Jerry Vandesic; Oct 14, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I completed my first two stays four weeks ago but it took that long for one of them to post.

Now I have my second round offer. It's 10k points for 5 stays. With one-night stays like I make about half the time that would be great, but at the moment my plans out through 30-Nov include 15 MR nights-- in just two stays!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Completed first two stays, have the Cat 1-5 Cert, website says "Congratulations - you earned the maximum."

While I assume this is an error, and my next promo option will appear shortly, it doesn't really matter, as I'll be targeting SPG for discretionary stays through the end of the year.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
assuming that both of your October stays are paid stays why wouldn't you get a second offer as everyone else has ?

Originally Posted by liverpoolA
I have 2 stays booked in October (CY Prague & CY Seoul Time Square) and one in CY Barbados in January. Wondering whether I'd get an additional offer after completing my 2 stays in October! fingers crossed.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Kacee
Completed first two stays, have the Cat 1-5 Cert, website says "Congratulations - you earned the maximum."

While I assume this is an error, and my next promo option will appear shortly, it doesn't really matter, as I'll be targeting SPG for discretionary stays through the end of the year.
Have you gone back to the main Marriott Promotions Central page to see if your unlocked promo is waiting there for you to register? The unlocked promo will not appear in the original MegaBonus promotion page, even after you've completed the two stays to qualify for the MegaBonus cert.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Have you gone back to the main Marriott Promotions Central page to see if your unlocked promo is waiting there for you to register? The unlocked promo will not appear in the original MegaBonus promotion page, even after you've completed the two stays to qualify for the MegaBonus cert.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for the suggestion.

It says "Congratulations - you earned the maximum."
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks for the suggestion.

It says "Congratulations - you earned the maximum."
The follow on bonus is displayed separately. For instance, I currently show 2 promos in my account, the first is the stay 2 get 1, and the second is the stay 5 times get 10,000. It says that I have earned the maximum for the stay 2 get 1.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
The follow on bonus is displayed separately. For instance, I currently show 2 promos in my account, the first is the stay 2 get 1, and the second is the stay 5 times get 10,000. It says that I have earned the maximum for the stay 2 get 1.
Yes I understand that. I've got no second promo (at least not yet).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
So this is odd, I got my free night cert, then earned 10k bonus for 5 stays, and then after 2 more stays earned another 10k bonus. Not sure where the 7 stays = 10k bonus comes from but I'll take it.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
But isn’t the first 10/13 bonus of 10k from the last promo, not the current one (as it’s for brand bonus)?

Originally Posted by paulsalem
So this is odd, I got my free night cert, then earned 10k bonus for 5 stays, and then after 2 more stays earned another 10k bonus. Not sure where the 7 stays = 10k bonus comes from but I'll take it.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Srisarin
But isn’t the first 10/13 bonus of 10k from the last promo, not the current one (as it’s for brand bonus)?
Doh. Yea you're right.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I completed my first two stays four weeks ago but it took that long for one of them to post.

Now I have my second round offer. It's 10k points for 5 stays. With one-night stays like I make about half the time that would be great, but at the moment my plans out through 30-Nov include 15 MR nights-- in just two stays!
This is such a terribly unbalanced megabonus. I will stay 60 nights through the duration of this bonus, but only 5 stays. I won't even get the 10,000 points. How short-sighted can MR be to punish those that have extended stays (which happen to be the highest-value customers)?
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by jjmoore
This is such a terribly unbalanced megabonus. I will stay 60 nights through the duration of this bonus, but only 5 stays. I won't even get the 10,000 points. How short-sighted can MR be to punish those that have extended stays (which happen to be the highest-value customers)?
Agreed. 69 nights for me for 17K and a 1-5 cert that I won't have the opportunity to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.