Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
Fall 2017 MegaBonus Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. [Although the T&Cs don't say it clearly, a stay can be as short as one night.]

• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 30, 2017 will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-5 hotel (value of standard free night award ranges from 7,500 points for Category 1 hotels to 25,000 points for Category 5 hotels) after two paid stays* made between September 12, 2017 and January 15, 2018, at participating Marriott® properties.
• If a member completes two qualifying stays during the promotional period, an additional offer may be unlocked and become available in the members account within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay.
• The member may not receive additional notification except through their online member account and must register for the additional offer within two (2) weeks from the date the additional offer becomes available.
• Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
• Free night award will expire six (6) months after the date of issuance.
• An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
• An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
• The awarded free night certificate is not transferable and may not be given as a gift.
• Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
• Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus for complete details.
• © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

US T&C above, here are all the T&C links I found:

https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_fr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_us.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_au.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_jp.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_kr.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_es.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_de.html
https://www.marriott.com/File_Blocks/MarriottRewards/PromotionCentral/Terms/2017/FA17A/Terms_and_Conditions_FA17A_cn.html
Print Wikipost

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does checkout on Sep 12 count as first eligible stay?
No it does not - unless a rep gave me the wrong info. I checked with Marriott before I booked a stay for the nights of 9/11 and 9/12. I would have split it into 2 stays at adjacent hotels if both nights qualified for the promo, but was told only the night of the 12th qualified.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Extending past 6 month expiration date?

It's been a few years for me since I have taken advantage of this promotion. What is the latest on extending the free night cert expiration date by 2 months or so?

I have a trip in early Oct and will mattress run for the 2 stays. Nothing else planned till promo expires. Certs will expire in early April, and am hoping to use them for late May memorial day long long weekend.

Years ago it was easy to call and extend. A couple of years ago it was tough and took a lot of persistence so I gave up on chasing this promo.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Does the reservation have to be made after registration for the stay to count toward the megabonus? I assume not since I don't see it in the terms and conditions, but I have two stays coming up next week, and plan to use the free night in early October, so I'd like to be sure.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:40 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Does the reservation have to be made after registration for the stay to count toward the megabonus? I assume not since I don't see it in the terms and conditions, but I have two stays coming up next week, and plan to use the free night in early October, so I'd like to be sure.
No. The stay just have to be the night of the 12th or after and youre good.

On a side note, is anyones promo showing activity yet? Two stays have posted but no update on the promo. I want to see what the unlocked next promotion is so I can decide whether to stay Marriott or Starwood.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I've had stays post to my Marriott account from 11th checking out 9/12, and 9/12 checking out 9/13 - both only one night each. No activity as of yesterday for Megabonus.

I now see 1 stay showing completed on Megabonus, with the progress bar. I'm hoping that the delay means in a couple more days I'll see the 2nd stay complete and I'll get my certificate, even though that 11-12 stay is rumored to not count...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
I've had stays post to my Marriott account from 11th checking out 9/12, and 9/12 checking out 9/13 - both only one night each. No activity as of yesterday for Megabonus.

I now see 1 stay showing completed on Megabonus, with the progress bar. I'm hoping that the delay means in a couple more days I'll see the 2nd stay complete and I'll get my certificate, even though that 11-12 stay is rumored to not count...
I doubt it. In my case, my Sept 12 stay was showing neither in my activity nor on the progress bar, this morning. However, this evening, they're both showing. So the progress bar updates within hours at most of the activity updating, in my experience. (I forgot to check midday west coast time which is usually when stays post.)

And if you're not checking multiple times a day (and don't know the pattern of what time of day your hotel stays tend to post), it can be hard to tell a one-day delay apart from a few-hour delay.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 15, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:09 am

When you register online for Megabonus, does Marriott send you an e-mail conformation? If not, is there any way to tell that one is registered?

I am just afraid that Marriott may deny the benefits later with the excuse that I was not registered!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Unfortunately no confirmation email.

But, just go to Marriott.com website and log in.
Go to promotions.
You'll likely see both the promo just closed and if registered the current promo stating registered, if you are registered. If not, just tap register.

Originally Posted by puchong
When you register online for Megabonus, does Marriott send you an e-mail conformation? If not, is there any way to tell that one is registered?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Unfortunately no confirmation email.

But, just go to Marriott.com website and log in.
Go to promotions.
You'll likely see both the promo just closed and if registered the current promo stating registered, if you are registered. If not, just tap register.
I, and others on this thread, have had a confirmation email. Admittedly it went into my Junk folder, but it was there non the less.

So maybe some do and some don't. Possibly country based?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:20 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I just checked and my free cert shows ordered and promo shows completed... guess I'll keep an eye out for whatever comes next. I hope its night based as I have a 4 night, 3 night, 5 night, and 2 night stay coming up the next few weeks.
synergistic and Lee72 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I just checked and my free cert shows ordered and promo shows completed... guess I'll keep an eye out for whatever comes next. I hope its night based as I have a 4 night, 3 night, 5 night, and 2 night stay coming up the next few weeks.
Keep us in the loop!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:05 pm

Cert

Also my cert has been "ordered" as well. Where would this cert eventually be found online if I wanted to use it!

I had 3 stays last week and had a stay last night and tonight. For the upcoming extra promotion would Marriott add those to what ever the extra promotion is? I am a platinum elite member as well I don't know if that matters!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bigshooter
promo shows completed... guess I'll keep an eye out for whatever comes next.
Completed also, but no sign of "free cert shows ordered"

Guess it will appear in time...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Where would this cert eventually be found online if I wanted to use it!
My Account > Activity

Originally Posted by Marriott15
For the upcoming extra promotion would Marriott add those to what ever the extra promotion is?
Nobody knows what the new offers will be, but I would hope they'd count.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:38 am

Does points + cash count in this promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.