Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels in the US. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Charlotte, NC, Marriott Southpark: M lounge on the lobby level, open 24/7. Food in the lounge 5:30 to 7:30 PM, every day. Dessert 7:30 to 9:00 PM. We checked in today (Saturday) and just returned from the lounge. The big surprise was that complimentary wne and beer were offered with the food. Limit of two per person, with the attendant fetching them for you one at a time. Rather generous pours for the wine, beer was from Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, a good quality local craft. Breakfast is offered in the lounge, did not think to ask if the restaurant is an option.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Falls Church Marriott 12/30/17 - policy is still the same - got full buffet included for 2 adults + 2 kids. Thought the food and service were very good. And I was staying on a $60 AAA rate so was a great deal (side note, did also ask about upgrades and was given a high floor larger comer room, said all suites were occupied; they were actually pretty busy and I made the reservation at 10:30 PM).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ExArkie
Charlotte, NC, Marriott Southpark: M lounge on the lobby level, open 24/7. Food in the lounge 5:30 to 7:30 PM, every day. Dessert 7:30 to 9:00 PM. We checked in today (Saturday) and just returned from the lounge. The big surprise was that complimentary wne and beer were offered with the food. Limit of two per person, with the attendant fetching them for you one at a time. Rather generous pours for the wine, beer was from Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, a good quality local craft. Breakfast is offered in the lounge, did not think to ask if the restaurant is an option.
What type of wine?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What type of wine?
Unknown. The attendant went into a separate room, poured the glass and brought it back. Never saw the bottle, but the red tasted of a moderate-priced domestic cabernet-based blend. Not great, but drinkable...especially for the price. Didn't try the white, but my wife was told it was a chardonnay, also indubitably a moderate-priced domestic.

Beer was served in the bottle, hence it was identifiable.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ExArkie

Unknown. The attendant went into a separate room, poured the glass and brought it back. Never saw the bottle, but the red tasted of a moderate-priced domestic cabernet-based blend. Not great, but drinkable...especially for the price. Didn't try the white, but my wife was told it was a chardonnay, also indubitably a moderate-priced domestic.

Beer was served in the bottle, hence it was identifiable.
I'd ask to see the bottle. I say that because the Marriott in Dearborn, near Ford's headquarters, served the same bottle of opened wine at its self-serve bar for an entire week. I know because I marked the bottle after the second night.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am now at The Adolphus - Dallas

Current: * Dallas / The Adolphus, Autograph Collection / CLOSED; open for brekkie only on the weekend; 08/22/17 update

Update: Open Sun-Thurs 6:30a-8p. (Wine and beer complimentary)
Open Fri & Sat 6:30a-10a Breakfast only

So the current status summary for weekend still holds true, but the CLOSED reference seems confusing to me given it is open but just for breakfast.
Breakfast was good with standard hot items: eggs, potatoes, bacon, and oatmeal. Two big bowls of cut fruit including berries.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Los Angeles / Renaissance Los Angeles Airport currently CLOSED for renovation. Looks like it's a fair way along, and my guess is it will reopen before the end of January (but I forgot to ask when). Breakfast in the restaurant every day, a small room is set up off the lobby with coffee, tea, water, soda, and light snacks, and an additional F&B credit or additional points (I think it was $15/2500?) is offered on top of the PAG since there is no evening lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Maryland Marriott Washingtonian Center, Information still good, 1/6/18
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Kansas City / Marriott Airport Update 1/7/18

Major construction project almost done. Restaurant/Bar reconfigured, lots of open air areas and glass.

New M Club lounge is open, but still a work in progress. Still no weekend breakfast, but you can key in and grab water and a few snacks. Points or Voucher for full buffet breakfast
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Marriott Dayton Lounge Closed during Christmas Holidays Dec 24-Jan 2? Possibly longer, depends on occupancy.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:24 pm

Newark / Liberty International Airport Marriott /

Newark / Liberty International Airport Marriott /

Concierge Lounge Hours:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast Appetizers Desserts
Monday - Thursday 6am-9am 5:30pm-7:30pm 7:30pm-11pm
Friday 6am-9am closed Closed
Saturday 7am-10:30AM Closed Closed
Sunday 7am-10:30AM 5:30pm-7:30pm 7:30pm-11pm
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Philadelphia Marrriott Downtown

Lounge is back to being completely closed on weekends, no breakfast at all for Plats/Golds. 1000 points per night in lieu of breakfast.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
* Troy / Detroit Marriott Troy / CLOSED Weekends, Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, New Years Day; Full breakfast in restaurant; 06/18/17 update

As of January 14, 2018, the information above is correct. More details:

The lounge is on the 12th floor of the 17-floor hotel. It's a traditional Marriott Concierge Lounge, not an M Club Lounge.

Lounge hours:
Mon. - Thu. 6 am - 10 pm
Sat. Closed
Sun 5 pm - 10 pm

The lounge is locked during other hours.

The restaurant breakfast on Saturday and Sunday is a hot buffet, but it's more limited than at typical USA Marriott Hotels. There is no omelette station and there are no pastries.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Update: 1/12

Albuquerque / Marriott / Full breakfast in restaurant (voucher says cont'l but it's for full) - Still Correct

Be advised that the voucher is only good for two so if you have more in your room to make sure you get an extra one.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
LAX Renaissance

Originally Posted by bennos
Los Angeles / Renaissance Los Angeles Airport currently CLOSED for renovation. Looks like it's a fair way along, and my guess is it will reopen before the end of January (but I forgot to ask when). Breakfast in the restaurant every day, a small room is set up off the lobby with coffee, tea, water, soda, and light snacks, and an additional F&B credit or additional points (I think it was $15/2500?) is offered on top of the PAG since there is no evening lounge.
The Lounge re-opened this week. I used it for breakfast yesterday morning. Good spread: Eggs, potatoes, sausage links, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. But the Thursday evening offering was really great - it was definitely enough to make a meal. There was cheese, crackers, crudité, a huge salad with two dressings, chicken breasts cooked on the bone in a spicy sauce with potatoes plus rice on the side. They had a bartender taking care of drinks.

One note, the lounge is still closed on the weekends but I forgot to check on breakfast for Gold/Plats. Sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.