Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Advice on 7 Night Travel Package Category 1-5 Hotel

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium Elite

Hey all, I need some suggestions on best places to use this. I have enough points to upgrade it to a Cat 9. I go to Maui 1-2 times a year but the issue is I have 3 younger kids and would like to have a kitchen/washer/dryer. Not seeing many Marriott's there with this. Any good places or suggestions for Hawaii and or Caribbean? Thanks in Advance.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:28 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by nestep1971
Hey all, I need some suggestions on best places to use this. I have enough points to upgrade it to a Cat 9. I go to Maui 1-2 times a year but the issue is I have 3 younger kids and would like to have a kitchen/washer/dryer. Not seeing many Marriott's there with this. Any good places or suggestions for Hawaii and or Caribbean? Thanks in Advance.
Do a search for Marriott Vacation Clubs... just about all of the ones I have stayed at have a washer and dryer.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by t1c
Do a search for Marriott Vacation Clubs... just about all of the ones I have stayed at have a washer and dryer.

Thanks. Yeah I looked at those. Seems they never have availability for the travel packages.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Keep in mind, that a MVCI unit that has laundry is going to be a 1BR or larger. That will require the Cat 9 cert plus additional points for the larger unit. (The base cert only gets you a studio at a MVCI-which can be compared to a hotel room.) Even if the property only has larger units, the extra points apply.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If you have the points for it (Cat 9 plus upgrade certs as Mr. Vker mentioned), the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel might be an option. It is a Marriott hotel, but I think it was originally built to be an MVCI property but for whatever reason didn't quite make it. So it will usually have lots of award availability even for 1 or 2 bedroom suites.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by hhoope01
If you have the points for it (Cat 9 plus upgrade certs as Mr. Vker mentioned), the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel might be an option. It is a Marriott hotel, but I think it was originally built to be an MVCI property but for whatever reason didn't quite make it. So it will usually have lots of award availability even for 1 or 2 bedroom suites.
So does Scrub Island...bucket list location for me.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Holy smokes, I stayed there in 2013 and think it was Cat5 and I got a 1BR complementary. To call it "beachside" is a huuuuuuuugggeee stretch, at best they poured some sand on a tiny spit of land overlooking a narrow canal/channel that you would never consider setting foot in.

Otherwise its decent and a 20 minute traffic ride to the action and had a complimentary shuttle although it did not run past 10pm.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:55 am

What is the best time of year for scrub island?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by janaleigh
What is the best time of year for scrub island?
I think they are far enough south to always have warm weather. They are in hurricane belt though. I would think Jan-April is best. We've researched getting there. Commercial flight to SJU then buy a regional flight to EIS seemed to be best-unless you have a good way all the way to EIS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.