Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Dear Marriott: please don't solicit me for your VC in the lobby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Marriott: please don't solicit me for your VC in the lobby

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
In terms of market segmentation, I personally consider the Ren and FS properties to be on the same tier.
"FS" from the days when the Marriott brand was Marriott's only full service brand. Since it was Marriott's only full service brand, people used it as shorthand for the Marriott brand. Today, its seems simply an anachronism.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
We own MVCI and couldn't agree more. If you have a desk at a regular property, that's fine. I'll (or anyone) will stop by for information. One time, we were staying at the JW Orlando. They had a desk in the lobby-but also called our room. That was over the top IMHO.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Perhaps. But I really, really don't like Marriot as a company and until less than 2 yeas ago this property was a W that I stayed at regularly. It gives me pause that we'll start to see/experience this tacky timeshare crap in other W's or SPG properties.
Sounds like you should switch to Hilton or something.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Any update on what property this is?

I tend to think this is a one off situation.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by maracle
Sounds like you should switch to Hilton or something.
H*ll will freeze over first He bleeds SPG

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Any update on what property this is?

I tend to think this is a one off situation.
He said it was the San Diego Renaissance (which is going to be made an Autograph in September) & I agree that it's a 1-off situation.

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's long been an SPG practice - and sought actively by SPG members - to award points for sitting through a timeshare presentation.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...,-presentation

Unless the solicitation is done in a tacky or coercive fashion this is nothing - just something to complain about for those who like to complain about everything.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Trust me, his revulsion for low brow Marriott brands is obvious and I realize Hilton is no better and maybe worse. But why stay at Marriott if they're so awful?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

He said it was the San Diego Renaissance (which is going to be made an Autograph in September) & I agree that it's a 1-off situation.

Cheers.
Ahh. I missed that. I've stayed at this hotel three times or so since it reflagged as a Ren. I've never been approached by anyone from the timeshare side of the business.

As to the flaws at the hotel, I wasn't particularly impressed at the management and think it is below average (no concierge lounge, confusion regarding status, no upgrade). It stayed there because I was getting in late and had meetings close by. I do like the rooftop bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.