Bethesda Marriott (DC area)
Beverly Hills Marriott
Boston Marriott Cambridge
Brooklyn Bridge Marriott
Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER
Calgary Marriott Airport
Calgary Marriott Downtown
Charlotte Marriott City Center
Chicago Renaissance on Wacker (they call it R Lounge)
Hotel Chicago (across from House of Blues) - may also go by a different name
Cincinnati Marriott North
Columbus Airport Marriott
Columbus Marriott Northwest (Dublin)
Marriott Columbus University Area
Crystal Gateway Marriott (DCA)
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Houston Airport Marriott (IAH)
Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport
Houston Marriott Marquis
Irvine Marriott
Little Rock Marriott
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Miami Airport Marriott
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
New Orleans Marriott
New York Marriott East Side
Newport Marriott
North Charleston Marriott
Oakland Marriott City Center
Portland, OR Marriott Waterfront
Renaissance New York Midtown (NY, NY) ("Club Lounge")
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
San Antonio TX Marriott Northwest
San Francisco Airport Marriott
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Diego Mission Valley Marriott
Santa Clara Marriott
Marriott Syracuse Downtown
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Toronto Marriott Markham
Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills (LA, CA)
Washington DC Marriott Georgetown
Washington DC Marriott Marquis
Wichita Kansas Marriott
Zurich Marriott
Print Wikipost

M Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Just added the Irvine Marriott in Irvine California. Also when I was staying at the Marriott in Buckhead Georgia they were in the process of building one in the lobby area.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
M Club at Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport.

Of all the places to invest in an M Club, that one baffles me a bit.
It sounds as if all properties undergoing renovation are being required to build an M Club.

I like the concept, but I know some of the properties I have stayed at are struggling to make the M Club work in practice -- the concept being 24/7/365 access -- because of low occupancy in the summer or on weekends.

I know when I was at the Georgetown Marriott, the lobby bar and restaurant were dead many nights because everyone was in the M Club.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
I love the M Club - especially M.M . in DC - top notch!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FYI/FWIW - 2.5K additional points for LAX Marriott stays through August 31, 2017: they are attempting to highlight their new MClub.

David
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
FYI/FWIW - 2.5K additional points for LAX Marriott stays through August 31, 2017: they are attempting to highlight their new MClub.

David
SILVER!!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
That is surprising they are giving silver members access to the M lounge at Marriott LAX.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by VA1379
That is surprising they are giving silver members access to the M lounge at Marriott LAX.
I'm surprised it's on the top floor. From my experience, most M Clubs are off the lobby.

I wonder how the experience compares to the Renaissance LAX lounge, which is very good.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm curious also... normally stay at the Ren since they have a nice lounge, as well as some good upgrades.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm surprised it's on the top floor. From my experience, most M Clubs are off the lobby.

I wonder how the experience compares to the Renaissance LAX lounge, which is very good.
I have always stayed at the Renaissance LAX when in that area except for my last stay at the Westin LAX where I got stuck in an elevator. The GM took care of me, but the Westin LAX club lounge is not as good as the Renaissance LAX.

If the Tysons Corner Marriott ever puts in a M Club, it will have to be on the top floor where the concierge lounge is. They don't have the room on the lobby floor for an M Club unless you want to get rid of the lobby bar, which I cannot see any hotel management agreeing to since it would wipe out revenue from non-elite guests. I haven't been to the Marriott LAX, but they might have made a similar argument to Marriott about wanting to keep their existing restaurant operations on the ground floor.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:23 pm

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
Not my impression at all.
Kind of, kind of not. Since they (at least some properties) sell access to guests that do not have status, it creates larger crowds and a drain on resources. My understanding is that this is going to be the future for full service Marriott and Renaissance properties: they are looking to, where space permits, get rid of all concierge lounges in favor of this model.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It sounds as if all properties undergoing renovation are being required to build an M Club.
That is my understanding as well.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:22 pm
Suspended

I have always stayed at the Renaissance LAX when in that area except for my last stay at the Westin LAX where I got stuck in an elevator. The GM took care of me, but the Westin LAX club lounge is not as good as the Renaissance LAX.

If the Tysons Corner Marriott ever puts in a M Club, it will have to be on the top floor where the concierge lounge is. They don't have the room on the lobby floor for an M Club unless you want to get rid of the lobby bar, which I cannot see any hotel management agreeing to since it would wipe out revenue from non-elite guests. I haven't been to the Marriott LAX, but they might have made a similar argument to Marriott about wanting to keep their existing restaurant operations on the ground floor.
I think there's some nudge-economics to having the M Club in the lobby near the restaurant or bar -- besides practical reasons like getting hot food to the lounge quicker than taking a service elevator to the top floor.

The theory is basically I'll buy a drink at the bar even if I wasn't intending to buy one because it's there, it looks happening and it's busy. If I'm in a bland concierge lounge floors above the lobby bar I'll probably just grab some Diet Pepsi and go back to me room.

Of course, the flaw in this is that a good M Club will basically mean the elites never hang out in the lobby bar. That's why every new M Club without complimentary alcohol has placed a pretty heavy emphasis on a paid bar. The one at the Georgetown Marriott is a good example. They have an automated wine machine -- you pay by swiping your room key -- literally right next to the food.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jwlowry
Kind of, kind of not. Since they (at least some properties) sell access to guests that do not have status, it creates larger crowds and a drain on resources. My understanding is that this is going to be the future for full service Marriott and Renaissance properties: they are looking to, where space permits, get rid of all concierge lounges in favor of this model.
Partly because they had to -- the old concierge lounges just weren't competitive -- but also because putting some lipstick on a pig gives them a huge revenue source, if they successfully sell access to non-elites to the M Club. Many of the properties are selling access for $20-$35 per day. That could be worth it at some properties, who have actually invested in the food and beverage offerings. The problem is many of the M Clubs that I have experienced don't have any better offerings -- just better hours: 24/7.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm interpreting it as part of the 2.5K promo that goes through end of August, not necessarily that they get access all the time.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm interpreting it as part of the 2.5K promo that goes through end of August, not necessarily that they get access all the time.

Cheers.
It's not a bad strategy. Get the silvers hooked on it and then in the future they pay an extra $20 for something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.