Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best Marriott beach location that's not a resort/we can get breakfast?

Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold

Kind of an odd question, but we will use a Marriott travel package sometime next year. We don't usually stay in any one place for 7 days unless it's a beach. My wife values free breakfast a *lot* (and honestly, I'm fond of it too; it takes care of the first decision in the morning on a relaxing trip), but Marriott resorts don't provide breakfast for elites.

Hence the title: what would be the best place to use a package on the beach that also gives breakfast? It could be anywhere (warm) in the world, and we can sue up to Caty 8 )9 really, but saving points for something else). Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:09 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...t-seaside.html
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I've stayed at and enjoyed JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro and Winter Haven Miami for this very reason. There's also a property in Monaco that I have on my radar, that I believe has beach access.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I can think of a number of non-FS "beach" properties in the US where you would get free breakfast. There is a SHS on Pensacola Beach, FL, a FFI on Ft. Walton Beach and a RI on Daytona Beach. There is also an RI on Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale beaches. Virginia Beach has an RI, SHS, and an FFI all right on the beach too. All of them will have the normal "free" breakfast everyone gets at one of those chains. I tend to like the beach at Pensacola Beach better, but all the beaches and areas are nice.

The only FS hotel in the US I've stayed at directly on an ocean beach where a Gold/Plat would receive free breakfast is the Hollywood Beach hotel just south of Ft. Lauderdale. The beach is nice and it actually has a CL you will get access to. I think the Stanton South Beach Marriott also has a CL. So I'd guess you'd get free breakfast there as well, but I've never stayed there.

There are probably more. If you want, you can search for all the Marriott "beach" hotels in any country (including the USA). Just search "USA" for the location. The tool will come back saying there are too many hotels to list, but on the right-hand side, you should see "Edit your Results". Below that, you should see "Filter your Results". Expand the "Activities" list under that and check "Beaches". That should narrow the list to the 62 beach properties Marriott has in the US (or however many properties for the country you choose to search.) You can pretty much ignore the CYs and the FS properties with Resort in their names including the MVCI and RC properties. The few that are left, if they are limited service properties (i.e. RI, TPS, SHS, FFI, etc.) then you will probably get breakfast there.) If it is a FS hotel, you can check the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html thread to see if that hotel provides breakfast or not.

If you find one that your not sure how nice it is or the beach it is on, search the forum for a thread on that property. Most properties will already have some mention of it in this forum. If, after reading through that you still have a question, ask it in that hotel thread or if it is really old, you can start a new one.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What hhoope01 said! (and thanks to him for the details re: narrowing down to beaches).

To the OP - are you Gold or Plat? That can make a difference on some beach properties and/or resorts re: breakfast.

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:09 pm

marriott Stanton has a lounge that serves breakfast in SOBE.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Residence Inn Treasure Island FL http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...b-83b6a417f6fe
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
To the OP - what type of breakfast are you & your wife looking for? That makes a difference.

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
The Marriott Suites in Clearwater Beach doesn't have a lounge and is across the street from the beach, but offers complimentary continental buffet with a slight upcharge for full buffet. The rooms have a separate sitting area with small fridge and microwave.

If you have the Starwood complimentary platinum, you can stay at the Sheraton across the street that is on the beach and has a club lounge. The point requirements are actually lower than the Marriott, equivalent to a 2 category lower point cost. We plan to stay there next spring rather than the Marriott. Clearwater beaches are really nice and there are several good restaurants in the area.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
marriott Stanton has a lounge that serves breakfast in SOBE.
Correct but its not great.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:47 am

JW Marriott Phu Qouc is a beach resort but they do offer free breakfast as well as a cocktail hour for golds and plats. Excellent value stay as a category 5 as well.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Whilst not exactly on a beach, the FS Marriott in Clearwater is excellent

Full breakfast is available for Platinum Guests

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...s-on-sand-key/

I've stayed there twice on 7 night travel packages with family - i highly recommend it
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:16 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
A vote for the Miami Marriott Stanton, South Beach. Right in the beach with an exec lounge and plenty of outdoor balcony seating. Unsurprisingly it's a Cat9...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
I've stayed at and enjoyed JW Marriott Rio de Janeiro and Winter Haven Miami for this very reason. There's also a property in Monaco that I have on my radar, that I believe has beach access.
What breakfast did you get at the Winter Haven?

When I was last there, the only option that was included for free for elites was a couple pastries and some juice. It wasn't great, IMO, but not atypical for AC hotels I have stayed in.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Thanks all for the responses! Just returned from a business trip so I haven't been able to respond.

1. We're Gold. We travel a goodly amount, but definitely not enough to hit Platinum in either SPG/Marriott.

2. What kind of breakfast? A full breakfast of any kind (including proteins, fruits, and potatoes/congee/other randomly tasty choices). If it's just a muffin and coffee we'll go somewhere with more options. We don't require a full sit down or an omelet station; a buffet line is just fine.

3. The Phu Quoc is high on my list, because I cannot see it staying Cat 5 for long! Even though it's a bit isolated for our tastes, getting that level of comfort for so little is really tempting. I'm researching the Monaco and SOBE hotels too. The other locations are also solid choices as well, though when we say beach we mean "on the beach"; we snorkel, kayak, and get in the water multiple times every day.

FTers are the best. Thanks so much!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.