Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX offer (targeted?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
AMEX offer (targeted?)

Noticed this one among my new (personal platinum) AMEX sync offers, so if it applies to anyone here, thought I'd share:

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with JW Marriott from 6/15/17 to 9/5/2017. See terms for exclusions.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

Thanks for sharing. Was in my offers when I checked this afternoon.

And for those who are planning a trip to NYC, I also saw a $15 off $75 off or more at Telecharge.com
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Noticed this one among my new (personal platinum) AMEX sync offers, so if it applies to anyone here, thought I'd share:

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with JW Marriott from 6/15/17 to 9/5/2017. See terms for exclusions.
I did this multiple times a few years ago at $50 to buy $200 gift cards at Marriotts. I wonder if it would work at a JW although my closest is the Essex house in NYC.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier Elite/ Hilton Silver
great find. Staying at a JW in two weeks.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Awesome. I found this on my SPG Amex, which would be the card I use for this anyway.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Hilton has been blasting a ton of offers (many brands, UK, etc.). I tend to see these as first come, first served where they will accept "enrollments" under they hit their agreed upon max. As some of you know Hilton and Amex have gone exclusive. Jetblue also had a recent deal on Amex Offer.

I think this engagement over the past few years between Marriott and Amex is a good thing. Chase does not offer any comparable program (I have only seen one for Gap brands sometime ago and that was done via Visa's owned division) while I think BofA and Amex have been strongest in what I like to refer to as 'backend' rewards.

Rasheed
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice. At the very bottom of the list ... glad I scrolled down Also on my other cards including the *W card ...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:59 pm

Full terms (emphasis added)

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only at JW Marriott® locations in the US. Reservations must be made online at jwmarriott.com, by using the Marriott Mobile App or via phone to Marriott Worldwide Reservations, 1-888-236-2427. Offer not valid on international locations outside the US. Excludes Marriott®, The Ritz-Carlton®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Bulgari®, EDITION Hotels®, Courtyard® by Marriott, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, Delta®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, Protea®, Moxy®, and Starwood® Hotel and Resorts properties. Excludes Curated by JW purchases. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/5/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CGJB:0001
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:10 pm

"Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges."

I'm pretty sure that was there a few years ago when they did the AMEX / $50 at Marriotts. As long as you had a $200 or more charge at a Marriott, it counted and the confirmation was received as I walk to the parking lot. I bought 5 x $200 cards with 5 different AMEX's IIRC at 2 different Marriotts.

The hard part is finding a JW that carries them...
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by joshua362
"Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges."

I'm pretty sure that was there a few years ago when they did the AMEX / $50 at Marriotts. As long as you had a $200 or more charge at a Marriott, it counted and the confirmation was received as I walk to the parking lot. I bought 5 x $200 cards with 5 different AMEX's IIRC at 2 different Marriotts.

The hard part is finding a JW that carries them...
A few years ago buying a gift card did work without a problem. The last offer (for Renaissance) I didn't get credit back as I purchased a gift card. I had to call AMEX and request the credit as a one time courtesy. Took a couple HUCAs but eventually someone helped me out.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:23 am

I stand corrected, thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure how they'd know the difference between room charge and gift card. Do you think Marriott actually parses out that info to Amex?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Not sure how they'd know the difference between room charge and gift card. Do you think Marriott actually parses out that info to Amex?
That's what I thought. Buying them at a hotel (vs. a website), they would never know the difference. But finding them at front desks is rare from what I've read. If I happen to pass a JW, I'd try and buy one.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Has anyone tried the gift card at JW this time around?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rasheed
As some of you know Hilton and Amex have gone exclusive.
That makes no sense since there are Amex/Marriott promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.