Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Telegraaf, Autograph Collection, Tallinn Estonia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Telegraaf, Autograph Collection, Tallinn Estonia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had a great stay here in October as part of a conference that was a short walk away. Loved the hotel, was upgraded to an enormous suite. Restaurant and bar were both great and open very late which was helpful for 12am arrival the first night. The place to stay in Tallinn. Restaurant across the street was quite nice as well.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:09 am

Can't book Hotel Telegraaf Tallinn for Oct 2018?

I am looking to book a few nights at the Hotel Telegraaf (Autograph collection) in Tallinn next October. I know this is very, very far in advance. Marriott.com doesn't show any availability at all in October for this hotel. Is it just a case of a hotel choosing to not release availability this early (even though M.com seems to allow bookings through November 2018), or are there plans for this hotel to close, or become part of a different chain next year?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sounds like they haven't loaded their inventory yet. Just check back periodically. Different hotels make inventory available at different times.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:41 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
We'll be staying here for a few days during Christmas week... good to know that everyone has had great experiences.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
We'll be staying here for a few days during Christmas week... good to know that everyone has had great experiences.
You should request a Christmas tree in your room, if they email ahead of your stay asking for any special requests.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:20 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
We stayed two nights at the Telegraaf in late March and had a nice visit. The hotel location is very central and the hotel itself has some nice touches like an old fashioned phone in the room and heated floors for the bathroom. Breakfast was also a plus as while the buffet was a bit small, the cooked to order dishes were very good.

Some pictures of the hotel: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...tion-marriott/
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Steve_19
We stayed two nights at the Telegraaf in late March and had a nice visit. The hotel location is very central and the hotel itself has some nice touches like an old fashioned phone in the room and heated floors for the bathroom. Breakfast was also a plus as while the buffet was a bit small, the cooked to order dishes were very good.

Some pictures of the hotel: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...tion-marriott/
Did you enjoy Tallinn? I've been a couple of times. It's a lovely little city, although when I last visited I thought the old town was kind of boring after about 4 or 5 p.m. when the day tourists leave and shops or touristy sights close up. Maybe it's changed.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:19 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Did you enjoy Tallinn? I've been a couple of times. It's a lovely little city, although when I last visited I thought the old town was kind of boring after about 4 or 5 p.m. when the day tourists leave and shops or touristy sights close up. Maybe it's changed.
We had a good time, but I feel it is a city you only need 1-2 days in to make the most of. We also visited the Estonian Open Air Museum outside of Tallinn which was interesting, but this was only a 3-4 hour activity I would say at most.

For the nightlife we did not visit or look for clubs, but there were a decent number of restaurants open late. I was also surprised by how many craft beers there were in Estonia - if you enjoy beer it is not a bad place to visit.

I think you are right that it is not the most active night life in Europe, but for a city of its size maybe understandable.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I recently completed a four night stay here. I had booked an Executive King (Courtyard View), and was upgraded to... something? Maybe a Superior Room (City View)? It was a bit bigger than the pictures, but not a suite. Anyway, overall this hotel is excellent with great staff, my only complaint is that there is no gym. (There is a small pool, a spa, and related facilities.)

Welcome gift is now the usual 1000 points or US$10 F&B credit. The breakfast buffet is a decent, high quality selection, but it's not particularly over the top. The a la carte options are your standard brunch options. In other words, it's not particularly Estonian or memorable, but it certainly suffices. The bar menu includes various local options, and if the weather is nice there's a lovely outdoor seating area (that's easier to get to from the street than through the hotel).

Shower water pressure wasn't particularly strong, but the bathroom otherwise was well appointed.

Wifi was mostly good to excellent, though I had problems holding calls once or twice. Note the "old fashioned phones" are just designed to look old, they're actually modern touch tone phones. Well, to the extent a phone that plugs into the wall is "modern".

Lots of excellent restaurants within walking distance.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 11/10 - 11/11

Location: The hotel is located in Old Town Tallinn in an absolutely perfect location for touring the city. You can walk to every part of Old Town easily and there are a number of restaurants and sights within a few blocks and you can also walk five minutes away to some bus stations and the tram including the Number 4 line which runs out to TLL. The only annoying part, and this is barely annoying at all, is that you have to walk to a pickup point to get an Uber, but that's an Old Town thing.

Hotel: The hotel is a lovingly restored 100 year old building which was a pleasure to stay at. There's a nice lobby with a small bar in it (with some really good top shelf whiskeys if you're into that), there's a spa and pool on the 2nd floor that I didn't go to but I'm sure is nice and a really impressive restaurant with a good menu.

Check In: The agent was incredibly helpful and friendly and I was able to get into my room at 1 PM which is always great. In fact, staff to a man were friendly and helpful. Every one I saw would greet me in a friendly way and ask how I was doing. There were also no issues getting a 4 PM checkout at check in.

Room: I was glad I'd used my SNA as I had an amazing suite. Huge living room with six person dining table, powder room, closet, a bedroom with a desk and with another really large bathroom and another closet. Wifi worked well and there were plenty of outlets. There was also a welcome note and box of chocolate waiting for me.

Powder Room

Master Bath

Breakfast: Being Titanium got me either a choice of a buffet which had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and mushrooms as well as fruit, yogurt, breads, cereal and smoked fish or ala carte dining off a menu.

This is a great hotel and I recommend it very highly. I have nothing but praise to give.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Excellent Location, Great Service, & Spacious Siemens Suite

We recently stayed at the Hotel Telegraaf for three days after spending some time in the Finnish Lapland north of the Arctic circle. As an Ambassador I was upgraded proactively a day prior to arrival to the Siemens Corner Suite with the only balcony in the entire hotel which gave a very nice view of the street leading to the Town Square. The location was superb and couldn’t be beat for the Olde Town Tallinn with restaurants and bars nearby. Plus one could spend 1-2 days walking around the Olde Town and enjoy everything that it has to offer.

I will echo what CMK10 had to say and share that this was a fantastic stay!

The Siemens Suite’ bedroom.

You can order specific type of pillows that suits your sleeping preferences.

Hotel Telegraaf is situated at where the old Estonian Telegraph company was.

Spacious Suite

View of the Hotel & Street from the Balcony.

The Pool at Night.

Tchaikovsky Restaurant Views.
dgreen12 and DELee like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hotel Telegraaf (Autograph Collection) Tallinn Estonia = Popov Suite is Great

Hotel Telegraaf

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel Telegraaf

Vene 9 Tallinn, EE 10123

Hotel Telegraaf (Autograph Collection) Tallinn Estonia = Popov Suite is Great (19 Photos)

Hotel Telegraaf

I had a mixed stay at Hotel Telegraaf, it started on the wrong foot but ended on a strong note after changing room.  I guess I can partially recommend this hotel but I think which room types are available for upgrades would be a non-negligible factor if I return or not because I found Hilton Tallinn to be more uniformly good than Telegraaf.  

Service

First off, service was uneven before, during, and after our stay and there were a few hiccups.  Staff was quite slow in responding in chat via the Marriott app; on various occasions I had to repeat because they did not respond several hours later.  Making requests in person was not always much better, when I requested for housekeeping to be done at a specific time it was not done when we came back to the hotel.  The problem was compounded by the fact that the sink of the first room type we had was plugged so I had to brush my teeth in the bathtub.  I also had billing problems after check-out which had to be resolved by e-mail; thankfully once again the final outcome was positive because they gave me Bonvoy points to apologize for overcharging my Marriott gift card.

Room

I was originally upgraded to a junior suite, but it was simply a larger room and there was not much which was worthy of the Autograph brand in my opinion except perhaps the unusual carpet and the old-style phone, otherwise the room was forgettable.  The hotel is only 5 years old, but the bathroom looked 25 years old and had a thin brittle door; it looked like they tried to save costs in the construction.  Also for such a recent hotel it was surprising to have a tub not a stand-alone shower, in what they call a suite no less.

2_IMG_0814.jpeg2_IMG_0815.jpeg1_IMG_0816.jpeg1_IMG_0817.jpegIMG_0818.jpegIMG_0819.jpegIMG_0849.jpeg

After housekeeping was missed and the sink became unusable, they moved us to the Popov Suite on the top floor which was night and day with the first room we had: much brighter, not only more spacious but also higher quality materials used, and there was even a private sauna in our bathroom which was fantastic.

IMG_0850.jpegIMG_0851.jpeg1_IMG_0852.jpeg1_IMG_0853.jpeg1_IMG_0854.jpeg1_IMG_0855.jpeg1_IMG_0856.jpeg1_IMG_0857.jpeg

Dining

The breakfast buffet was decent, the food presentation was attractive, the restaurant venue was a strong point of the hotel with good service unlike at reception, and they offered free flow Prosecco which we enjoyed.  The way they dressed the boiled eggs was quite stylish as well.

1_IMG_0858.jpeg2_IMG_0826.jpeg1_IMG_0824.jpeg2_IMG_0823.jpeg

Telegraaf is in an ideal location in the heart of the old town so for that reason alone the hotel can be recommended and it’s an undeniable plus over Hilton which is outside the old town.  

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 55 Mbps.

Overall

In conclusion Telegraaf has clear strengths and weaknesses in my opinion, whereas Hilton Tallinn is one of the best Hiltons I have stayed at anywhere in the world, location being one of the few downsides.  For people who put a premium on being in the old town then Telegraaf will be a good choice but might require to be willing to compromise on perhaps having a room which is so-so unless wanting to guarantee having a full suite by paying for it and not rely on upgrades.

Hotel Telegraaf (Autograph Collection) Tallinn Estonia = Popov Suite is Great

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Telegraaf?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there self service laundry facilities? We will be there three nights in the middle of a month of travel.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Hotel Telegraaf not recognized by Chase as being a Marriott property

Recently stayed at this hotel and used the Chase Bonvoy card to pay for the stay. On the credit card statement the stay did not earn 6x points as it should have for being a Marriott hotel. (I can see that the merchant category is wrong in the details for the transaction)
When I called Chase they say that it is Marriott's fault and that I need to contact Marriott, and of course when I contact Marriott they say that it is Chase's fault and I need to contact Chase.
What a surprise....

Instead of either side just manually posting the difference in points they just blame each other and dismiss the customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.