Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 19, 2001, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at this Marriott? I am planning to stay these for a few nights in 2 weeks--I heard there is no concierge level or lounge. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, is it convienent to major attractions in the area or day trips?
Old Feb 19, 2001, 3:19 pm
Original Member

The hotel is fine and right in the middle of a lot of action. There is a concierge floor which I have stayed on. The room insulation is not great and could be a bit noisy depedning on where it is located. But overall it is acceptable. There will be a big race in town in March. You may find booking there difficult after 3/15.

[This message has been edited by TheAuditor (edited 02-19-2001).]
Old Feb 19, 2001, 5:25 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
Although the JW is the newer, the Rennaisance in KL is truly outstanding, with an excellent concierge level, ( a great breakfast buffet!) and wonderful service. Consider it.
Old Feb 24, 2001, 8:40 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Indeed they have a very nice concierge floor at the JW and the service was quite excellent. Great location too, across the street from the Regent and around the corner from the smallish Ritz Carlton (or is it Four Seasons?). Good gym and pool too! Tennis courts as well!

But, seeing bats in the lobby over several days and the 3:00am fire/smoke alarm in my room should keep me away on my next trip!

Enjoy KL!
Old Mar 9, 2001, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Does anyone have anything additional to offer? I need to choose between the JW Marriott and the Renaissance. The Renaissance Wing sounds very very nice and the proxiity to the Petronas Towers makes the Renaissance more appealing at first glance. I will ge staying in KL for 36 hours as a tourist, after having spent several days on business outside of KL - so proximity to shopping and other tourist activities is paramount.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions you may have.
Old Mar 10, 2001, 12:03 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I haven't stayed at either- but the JW had such a bad (paint type) smell every time I walked in there that I cancelled reservations I had there twice. It is a very large hotel with lots of noise and bustle in the the lobby area. I have stayed at both the Regent and Ritz on great rates and both are wonderful.

Don't worry too much about location - taxis are VERY cheap in KL so I would really base your decision on other things that are impt to you.
Old Mar 12, 2001, 5:01 pm
Original Member

Sitting in my room at the JW right now using the high speed connection to type this response. The JW is right at the Golder triangle. You get the feeling just like on the Orchard road in Singapore. The Renaissance is highly regarded by the locals. But it really is a long hike away from all the action. By the way, I still hate the bad sound insulation at JW.
Old Mar 12, 2001, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Thank you all for the responses. I just found out that the conference will be held at the Regent which is where we are expected to stay. Since this is a Four Seasons hotel, I am sure it will equal - and hopefully surpass - both the Ren and the JW.

(All the comments about bad sound insulation at the JW have turned me off to that hotel in any event - I HATE that more than anything...)
Old Mar 12, 2001, 7:29 pm
doc

The regent is just right across the street and quite nice but a bit tired too!
Old Mar 12, 2001, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I guess I've been lucky with my room at the Regent (but their pool was alway too cold for me )
Ah...but their breakfast buffet ... it more than filled me up for the whole day (darn and there was so much great food around) - nah self control is not in my vocabulary
Old Jan 23, 2002, 10:45 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
JW Marriot Kuala Lumpur

Does anyone have any comments on the service at the JW Marriot in Kuala Lumpur? I asked the local office secretary to book me a room there but she advises against it because of negative feedback.

Her alternatives were Ritz Carlton or Shangri-La. I have a meeting at the Regent and just would like to be near that hotel and also the shopping places for some accessible distractions in the evening.

THanks
Old Jan 24, 2002, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at the KL Marriott and had no complaints whatsoever. Nice facilities, nice staff, not bad location. Interestingly, I was there at the same time as Bill Marriott.

Bruce
Old Jan 24, 2002, 9:27 am
doc

Well, there are so many VERY nice places to stay in KUL. My experience was a bit different than Bruce. Yes, the facilities are nice and the location accross the street from the Regent are fine, but there was a bat living for days in the lobby and when the smoke detector went off at 3:00 am in the morning in my room, no one seemed to care and it literally took about 45 mins to get someone to just turn it off! When I noticed the next day that it still was not yet replaced, I checked out a bit early. Never heard back from them, sadly.

The rooms and the Club Lounge were very nice I should add.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 8:18 am
Original Member

The sound insulation is not good. Otherwise, it is very nice.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Ritz Carlton is a nice hotel in a temporarily poor location. Service is very good. Great lounge with frequent changes of food during the day; breakfast, tea, dinner, dessert. Rooms are comfortable, elegant, lots of dark wood. Construction site accross the street (I think it's a Westin going up?) means you have to walk one block in a back alley to reach the Marriott. Taxis sometimes hard to get due to backstreet location. Slow elevators can be frustrating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.