Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Fuji Marriott Hotel Lake Yamanaka - Japan [Master Thread]

Old May 23, 2017, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...lake-yamanaka/

Opening July 2017. Cat 7.

"Fuji Marriott Hotel Lake Yamanaka is located in Yamanakako, which boasts a magnificent view of Mt. Fuji and richnature and is one of the best of the Fuji Five Lakes area, one of Japan's top resort areas. Our hotel features delicate designs at every turn with natural motifs suited to the elegant, rich landscape to deliver a special sense of the extraordinary.

All 105 rooms are 41 square meters or more, with plenty of space for even families of four to relax. In rooms featuring hot springs, the pride of the hotel, guests can enjoy the famous hot springs of Yamanakako as much as they want, whenever they want.

Meals can be enjoyed all day at "Grill & Dining G," whose large windows and openkitchen create an overflowing sense of freedom. Enjoy ingredients nurtured by nature at the foot of Mt. Fuji in a grill restaurant style.

In their free time, guests can use the large and refreshing open-air bath and tennis court. We deliver a comfortable holiday with all of Marriott's services, loved all over the world."

Has 103 rooms & only 2 suites, so upgrades probably aren't likely. Free parking; free wifi in rooms.

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:08 am

The info has been on marriott.com for a while now. I am just wandering why the property won't take any reservations 5 weeks removed from opening day...

I've been trying to find infos about a possible delay...
Old May 23, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by funkbandit
The info has been on marriott.com for a while now. I am just wandering why the property won't take any reservations 5 weeks removed from opening day...
Sometimes they don't put inventory up until they know actual opening day/get the final walk through/sign-off from Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Property open now/taking reservations.

There's a members only offer that includes breakfast for 2 daily plus 3,000 bonus points per stay.

Also, this hotel (at least currently has a 24-hour cancel) rather than 2-3 day.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
More brand new Marriotts that nobody knows anything about. I'm planning to do either this one or the Izu one (or both ... depending on how tired I am) in early November, so I guess I'll be the first to report back? Or has anyone been?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
The 5 additional Japanese hotels are rebranded Mori Trust properties that have been around for awhile and updated to Marriott standards.

I suspect this property will be very popular with the Thomas Train crowd.

I've already booked the one along Lake Biwa for next years cherry blossom festival (mid April) but would be interested in any FT reports on the other 4 properties especially that have ski opportunities as my go to Hilton Niseko seems to always be sold out and the Hyatt in the area is still in progress.

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
More brand new Marriotts that nobody knows anything about. I'm planning to do either this one or the Izu one (or both ... depending on how tired I am) in early November, so I guess I'll be the first to report back? Or has anyone been?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
The 5 additional Japanese hotels are rebranded Mori Trust properties that have been around for awhile and updated to Marriott standards.

I've already booked the one along Lake Biwa for next years cherry blossom festival (mid April) but would be interested in any FT reports on the other 4 properties especially that have ski opportunities as my go to Hilton Niseko seems to always be sold out and the Hyatt in the area is still in progress.
Ah, good call, I didn't even think about booking cherry blossom season yet. I better get in on that...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:38 am
Suspended

I wouldn't wait to long - tried to book the Westin Osaka due to late arrival KIX only to find it already sold out (since mirrored over to SPG P via MR LTP) and had to opt for the soon to open MOXY, but it's only for a nights sleep due to a near midnight arrival.

Ah, good call, I didn't even think about booking cherry blossom season yet. I better get in on that...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:39 am

I wouldn't wait to long - tried to book the Westin Osaka due to late arrival KIX only to find it already sold out (since mirrored over to SPG P via MR LTP) and had to opt for the soon to open MOXY, but it's only for a nights sleep due to a near midnight arrival.
Yup, already not seeing any availability. Gah! Can't even plan far enough ahead in this country (though oddly, flights around Golden Week are still J4+ on points to at least some destinations...)

[edit] odd, I can look up space up to 31MAR, and everything beyond that shows nothing. That can't be right, can it? It's not possible that the entire month of April is blacked out?.... agh, where is Starwood's guaranteed room availability...

[edit #2 ] i think they might simply not have loaded anything beyond April 1.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Sep 25, 2017 at 1:45 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:50 am
Suspended

Likely inventory if same as Biwa which only loaded April last week.

Yup, already not seeing any availability. Gah! Can't even plan far enough ahead in this country (though oddly, flights around Golden Week are still J4+ on points to at least some destinations...)

[edit] odd, I can look up space up to 31MAR, and everything beyond that shows nothing. That can't be right, can it? It's not possible that the entire month of April is blacked out?.... agh, where is Starwood's guaranteed room availability...

[edit #2 ] i think they might simply not have loaded anything beyond April 1.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:51 am

Likely inventory if same as Biwa which only loaded April last week.
Yup, good call on that. Btw, make sure to check seasonality of cherry blossoms. Around this property (Yamanakako) it's most certainly not the typical early April - it's more like, late April or even early May.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:56 am
Suspended

This will be our 8th trip to Kansai District during mid-April (which corresponds to the Thai Songkran holiday period so our office closed for 2 weeks) and Biwa was added as a new place to explore as previously limited to Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Himeji - always had plenty of blossoms during this time period

Yup, good call on that. Btw, make sure to check seasonality of cherry blossoms. Around this property (Yamanakako) it's most certainly not the typical early April - it's more like, late April or even early May.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:58 am

This will be our 8th trip to Kansai District during mid-April (which corresponds to the Thai Songkran holiday period so our office closed for 2 weeks) and Biwa was added as a new place to explore as previously limited to Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Himeji - always had plenty of blossoms during this time period
As long as you're in the lowlands, which I think Biwa is, you should be fine (Yamanakako is quite high up in the mountains, so it's significantly colder there, resulting in late blooms).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:18 am
Suspended

Biwa shouldn't be to different then Kyoto weather wise (Biwa is only about 70km NE) and always just had a nip in the air (which was desired since it will still be in the mid to high 30s in TH)

As long as you're in the lowlands, which I think Biwa is, you should be fine (Yamanakako is quite high up in the mountains, so it's significantly colder there, resulting in late blooms).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Any updates on this property yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.